Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK290LC. All functions in super slow motion

Ikeellis10 · 2024-03-04 01:06

Hi all, First time posting and novice for sure. I have an sk290lc loader and in the middle of loading a truck all hydraulic functions instantly went into like super slow motion. Still have full power but all hydraulic motions are.like 50 times slower. Machine has had some codes off and off. P1 sensor, P2 sensor, p1 new pressure. We spent some time rewiring and fixing some shorts and they mostly rèsolved.... Then bam...this issue all of a sudden. Figured I should start with looking at wiring again but just wanted to put this out there to see if others had experienced this issue and get feedback... Much appreciated!!! Ike 503-269-2572

Replies13
  1. #1Mike L2024-03-04 07:11

    I know absolutely nothing about this machine. So therefore I’ll try and help. I assume this has pilot controls. I would check pilot pressure and pump pressures. It probably has a pilot filter so I’d look at that for metal. do you still have the P1 and P2 codes?

  2. #2Ikeellis102024-03-04 09:03

    Thank you, Mike. The error we were getting is attached in image. We would this message for the p1 sensor as well as the p2 sensor and yes we had matching symptoms. For the corresponding functions. When we took time and rewired the harness it appeared to resolve but then later we started getting a new code which was B11 -"B1 Neg Pressure sensor is abnormal" this code would appear on and off and then boom we lost "speed" in all functions. Not sure if that changes your thoughts as we also were looking at pilot pump maybe being the issue as well... Thank you, Ike

  3. #3Ikeellis102024-03-04 09:07

    Oh and I should add we did pull and replace all hydraulic filters (including pilot filter) when we first had issue..did not resolve.

  4. #4Hallback2024-03-04 20:37

    I would guarantee that you lost two pump function and that wiring is to blame. That's probably an '05 to '07 vintage?

  5. #5Ikeellis102024-03-04 22:25

    Thanks Hallback. Yes it is an oldie. 2003. And we will start at the wiring....Thank you!

  6. #6Hallback2024-03-04 22:41

    Give RJ Marshall a call at the Portland Feenaughty branch, Tell him Darren referred you.

  7. #7Kyle Helmke2024-04-02 20:19

    make sure someone didn't hit the heavy lift or independent travel switch

  8. #8Ikeellis102024-04-02 20:33

    Thanks Kyle. This is a 2005 model so not sure what features it has back then...I'll look for sure

  9. #9Ikeellis102024-04-28 17:39

    Cleaned up all sensor connections. Rewired as needed. Was going through diagnostics and saw this... Most of time the P1 and P2 measurements are the same or darn close. Does this code make sense to any of you. Seems odd that P1 shows 0.0 V...

  10. #10Alusium2024-04-29 22:21

    I ran an old kobelco for a while. One day it did what you described. Somehow I bumped a toggle switch. Flipped it back the other way and then t started working again. Apparently this switch was a “feature “.

  11. #11Ikeellis102024-04-29 23:28

    What do you mean by toggle switch? Is this in the cab? Like a mode or something?

  12. #12Alusium2024-04-30 22:59

    One of those little metal toggle switches like on a defrost fan or like on the dash of older trucks. Yes, it is in the cab. This one was on the right side between the seat and the cab. I think a ticket book dropped down in there, and when I was reaching for it, I must have flipped the switch. Yea, like a mode or something. Don’t remember what it was called, nor could I think of any use for it. Everything functioned normally, with full power, just 50x slower.

  13. #13DenverDigger2024-05-10 15:01

    Hello! I may have some documentation that may be able to help. I had the same issue and was able to get it directly from Kobleco. The format won’t let me post it here. I sent you a message for your email! I can email it if you would like.