Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK300 Walking

Dante827 · 2026-04-21 13:25

Hi All, I have a Kobelco SK300 that wants to walk all by itself and won't stop unless I pull the engage lever. Any thoughts? Frank

Replies7
  1. #1Deere500a2026-04-21 13:38

    Is it creeping or full on? Under foot pedals how's leakage? Check pull the floor mat check for rust/dirt next under the cab to valve but may get lucky with pb blaster

  2. #2Dante8272026-04-21 13:45

    It's full on. No leakage, I pull the cover under the pedals.

  3. #3Dante8272026-04-21 13:49

    Plus it seemed to happen once I stepped on the travel pedal. When I used the left or right track arm it worked fine. I stepped on the far right or travel pedal and that was it, it wanted to run away. I worked that pedal plus the other two several times and no effect.

  4. #4Deere500a2026-04-21 14:29

    HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5Dante8272026-04-21 14:42

    It looks like the pilot valve is stuck in a full on travel. The machine has not been used for a couple years so my thoughts are that I should disassemble and clean out the valve or just replace it.

  6. #6HATCHEQUIP2026-04-21 17:34

    Sometimes a good smack with a hammer

  7. #7Dante8272026-04-24 13:16

    Took the pedal apart and the one plunger was stuck down. I cleaned out the rust and oiled it. After a couple gentle taps it popped up and the machine worked as it should with just the left and right travel arms. Ordered a new pilot valve. Thanks all