I have slack (horisontal, left and right) in the swing. can someone please tell me where to adjust this. year 2006
Good day Frank I am guessing you are referring to flank play, with the equipment at full reach above the ground you can move the superstructure by pressing against the bucket. some movement is normal and represents the play between the final drive gears, if this is correct there is no adjustment only replace gears if it is excessive. Kind regards Uffex
thank you for your reply do not now what flank play is. the play is from side to side. the play is more then it was before. think it is strange there is no adjustmant...
some think the play maybe in the swing motor itself. not in the slewing ring
You mean when you are swinging and then stopping, the machine is not stopping immediately, it is shaking?? Or when you turn off the engine, you can even push the upper- structure of it to swing a little??
when engine is off I can push the upper structure side to side. not very much but it was not like this before
do you have the workshop manual? I only find sk45sr / sk40sr you seem to have the correct one
Good day Frank I believe we are talking of the same phenomena see the attached illustration. Kind regards Uffex
Hi Frank That is indeed flank play from the publication that does not seem so bad, measuring the play is normally made by masking tape on the ring and dragging a pencil held in a magnetic D.T.I. holder. Is this something you have just spotted my guess is that there is nothing to be alarmed about. Kind regards Uffex
thanks for you reply yes just spotted you can feel it when you are using the machine and is not "a good feeling" I finally found the grease nipple for the ring but as I can understand this ONLY grease the balls? and not the slewing ring itself?
I guess you do not have a operators manual?
no operators manual. why?
The operators manual normally explains the lubrication method for the slewing ring
ok... I can only find 1 grease point and it is for the balls. how is the ring greased on other machines?
Good day Frank Some are sprayed with a thin grease other run in bath of lube I try and find out what is common for small Kobelco machines. Regards Uffex
your help means alot. thank you kobelco sk40sr3
Hi Frank As best I can establish the slew ring is in a lube bath standard in the industry please see attached. Kind regards Uffex
thank you. so the grease is filled from the factory and can not be greased later on? am I understanding it correct?
Good day Frank Most machines have a small access hatch on the superstructure this is used for topping up, I am not sure if your machine has that possibility. A Kobelco fellow ( LacHau can you help?) on the forum may be able to answer that question I will try and see if he can help. Kind regards Uffex
This is link to download shop manual. Good luck. https://www.mediafire.com/file/w9mdjajuzk7g802/S5PH0005E01+SK40-SK50SR-3+SHOP+MANUAL+OPT.pdf/file https://www.mediafire.com/file/w9mdjajuzk7g802/S5PH0005E01+SK40-SK50SR-3+SHOP+MANUAL+OPT.pdf/file
I think the loose is caused by the gears in the reduction unit have been wear.
Some times the access hole for greasing can be a little *****r to get at. I find it easier to grease the swing bath on the minis through the swing bath drain hole. Access to it will be for under the centre of the machine, you should see a small rectangular plate held on with two bolts if you remove that you can pump the grease in from underneath. The grease will find its own level after slewing around a few times.
thanks to everybody for helping me Kobelco ireland: I have taken of the plate under (center) but not sure where to pump... I really would like to grease the swing
picture under center and up
remove the plate I circuled. If some old grease runs out let it drain away and then pump in fresh grease
I have now removed the plate. the grease seems to be in very good condition (right viscosity) and I can not feel any metall in the grease. does anyone know what kind of grease I should put in (seems to be the same grease that I use for CV joint on cars)? and how much?
Good day Frank It is common practice to use general purpose grease attach is some information that may help. Kind regards Uffex
okey.. 1) I still need to find out if the play (left to rigt movement) can be adjusted. moving the slewing motor closer to the ring or if the play is inside the motor itself (shims). the play has gotten bigger and the machine is not as good as it was. I really need to fix this play. 2) If I understad correct, the grease bath can not be lubricated and is (lifetime greased from new)? the plate (small hole) is just to let water out?
1 There is no adjustment between pinon and ring gear or inside inside slew box. 2 Your grease can be topped up or changed.
thank you how do I change the grease inside the baht?
Hi Frank Sorry with difficulty unless you have the possibility to split the undercarriage from the superstructure, you could pull the swing transmission and manually rotate the superstructure and clean out the old lube. Kind regards Uffex