So I have had this machine for 5 years and bought it at auction. Spent way to much fixing it up but it is spec.ed the way I want and when it is working it performs well. Kobelco parts are more expensive than Cat and now after replacing many main electrical components with used they are starting to fail for the second time. Main controller computer failed and now the used 1 has failed. Stepping motor went and replaced with a new 1 from China and it has failed. So I replaced the computer with the latest part number unit from Kobelco as well as a Kobelco replacement stepping motor. Mechanic says diagnosis shows an electrical spike what caused the failures and believes it could be the cheap China part . I guess my question is do I dumps this machine asap or rely on the new upgraded original parts to solve my issues?? When you try and find used parts for this machine many have had "cab fires" and some adds list the salvage machines as having no computer controller. So to me it appears these machines have a lot of electrical issues. Give it another chance or run??? What machine would compare to these as a replacement? Using 2 buckets as well as a rotary brush cutter. Maybe a 100 hours a year.
No replies yet.