Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK60 Propelling motor

Greg in KY ยท 2010-11-03 09:43

Can I pull this cap off to clean the inside? There was a fine grit in the oil when I drained it to change it. Kobelco SK60LC Serial # LEJ-0481 1998 year model The parts book shows a retaining ring outside the cap but I cannot figure out how to get the ring off. The Propelling motor has a keeper ring(#18 in item list in parts manual) around the cover (#8). I assume I remove it and the cap and big O-ring to access the inside so I can clean the grit out of it. I cannot figure out how to get the keeper ring off. This is assuming it can be disassembled this way. Also- Is there going to be parts falling out when the cap is removed? I can imagine the Ball #26, Snap Ring #24, Ring #25, Shaft # 16, Clutch input shaft # 6(and a bunch more) falling out and me never getting them put back in right. Thanks, Greg

Replies3
  1. #1dirthog2010-11-03 10:24

    You have to push the cap in a bit then you can remove the retaining ring and pull the cover out

  2. #2Greg in KY2010-11-03 11:41

    dirthog, Will I have loose parts when the cap comes off? The parts book appears to have clutch input shaft and "ball" that fits into the back side of the cap. Thanks, Greg

  3. #3dirthog2010-11-04 10:36

    No the spring is not that stiff just enough to keep the sun gear back in place a little bit of grease on it will help you getting it back in