Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK60 track adjustment

Greg in KY ยท 2010-11-03 09:58

The photo of the tracks are with it adjusted to 10" from the frame. Does that look right? They look way too loose to me. The Operator's manual says 9.8" to 11.25" from bottom of the frame to the pad. Thanks, Greg

Replies5
  1. #1Plan B2010-11-03 10:51

    well you measured them at 10" right? The tracks are supposed to have some sag to them and ive seen some looser than those stay on a machine just fine...so your probably good but it wouldnt hurt to tighten them a hair more as long as they arent straight or bowed up it should be fine.

  2. #2Greg in KY2010-11-03 11:30

    Plan B, Yes I measured them at 10". It just has a "tired" look to it. I worked larger machines in the past and the mechanics always kept the tighter looking than this. The operators manual has a few typos in it from the translation(I guess) and I thought they may be incorrect on this. I appreciate the reply, Greg

  3. #3Wardiker2010-11-03 14:55

    Well if the manual says 10" I guess thats OK. But I like mine a little tighter than that there in the pic. My mechanic for my EX60 says raise the side in the air and put 3-4 fingers between the bottom roller and the track, that would sound to me more like 6-8 inches of what your saying.

  4. #4squidrig2010-11-03 20:14

    look a little loose ,, i'd pick the machine up with the bucket and run them back and forth a couple times and recheck there could have been a link hanging up a little on the track the 10" sounds right though

  5. #5squidrig2010-11-03 20:18

    look a little loose , i'd lift the machine up with the bucket and run the track in high a little bit and recheck there could have been a link hanging up a bit originally, 10 inches sounds about right to me IMHO