i have an kobelco sk80 with auxiliary hydraulics. We currently run a hydraulic thumb off of it hard plumbed into the factory shutoff (no quick coupler fittings). I’m looking to others to see how they have ran another line, or a 1 into 2 valve so I don’t have to unhook the thumb when I want to run a tamper or hammer. Pics would be appreciated. Thanks!
T fitting - elbow - new coupler - ball valves to your thumb
No good place to tee into the line
I did what you want to do on my SR115 Kobelco. I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them.
I’d appreciate that. Thanks!
Here are some pictures of the way I did it on my Kobelco 115. I'm pretty sure you have a similar set up, shouldn't be too hard.
That’s exactly where I was thinking of tee’ing in. Closest place I checked didn’t have the right fitting / threads. You wouldn’t happen to have a part number for that would you? Also, what’s the reasoning for the other valve?
So I can shut the flow off to the thumb when running the hammer. I don't have any part numbers but I think if you call the service department at Able tractor in Albany they can tell you or sell you exactly what you need. That's where I got my machine and they sold me all the fittings and ball valves minus the hoses.
No luck at any of the local hydraulic shops. Any help with a part number?
No part numbers. Try taking the rubber auxiliary line to a hydraulic shop so they know what kind of fitting you need for the "T" that goes on the hard pipe. After that it doesn't matter what the fittings are as long as you get the correct ones for your thumb. Or call Abele Equipment in Albany 518-438-4444. They set their machines up like that and know exactly what you need, like I said, when I bought my 115 from them they sold me all the parts but the hoses.....
I took the hard line to 3 local places to no avail.
Can you post a picture of the fitting?
I think this is the tee fitting. It's been a few years but I'm guessing it's #12 JIC https://www.shopcross.com/product/p...nut-run-tee-34-jic-x-34-swivel-x-34-jic-steel
Looks like the correct type of tee. Not sure if it’s the exact part. As told by the local Parker hydraulics store my metal line threads are 22mm pipe size with m30 1.5 size. There for I need a male/female end that correspond with those threads, then a standard 3/4” Npt thread off of that for a flat faced quick coupler fitting
The fittings in Tags pictures almost look like BSPP fittings. I have to pick up parts at the local dealer in the next few days and will see if I can get you a part number for the fittings. What is your serial number?
Google "French GAZ 24 degree cone fitting", Kobelco used these for years. There are many companies who make hose ends but I haven't found any T's in my searching. I will check with the dealer.
Thanks. I did call the dealer tags used. They told me the sk115 of his used a bigger/different line than my 120. I still feel someone has to have a tee out there for my application. My next option would be a weld in tee into the hard line