Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobleco 220 common issues

davecampbell · 2019-01-07 23:14

I'm going to look at a 1999 or 2000 kobleco 220lc with 4000 hours. I'm thinking about moving up from my 888 case to this machine. I'm a bit worried about all of the computerization of the more modern machines. Are there any common issues with the kobleco 220? Anything I should test or look for? I'm a bit worried about buying someone else's trouble machine, but I would like to step up to a bit bigger machine. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1uffex2019-01-08 04:28

    Good day Dave Sorry to say all modern machines rely on those boxes where the wires go if you can get extended insurance for those its a good move, attached a couple of documents that may help you. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Vetech632019-01-08 06:52

    Make sure you have somewhere to get parts for Kobelco. The last time I needed parts for a Kobelco...….I couldn't even find a dealer for them.

  3. #3Shimmy12019-01-08 07:10

    https://www.proaccessrentals.com/default.htm

  4. #4Vetech632019-01-08 07:12

    Nice! Shimmy to the rescue!!!!

  5. #5cuttin edge2019-01-08 08:03

    I'd look pretty close. 4000hrs is not a lot for a machine close to 20 years old. Could be real, but I would have a hard time believing it

  6. #6davecampbell2019-01-08 14:22

    I agree. I saw it once in the dark and it looked pretty clean. I'll look it over carefully. I'm up in the air on the hour meter on the case 888 i'm currently using. It indicates 4300 hours, crazy low for its age. But it does work great, undercarriage is good and tight. both track motors are strong. Starts great even in cold weather. Makes me think it could be real.

  7. #7cuttin edge2019-01-08 19:46

    We just got rid of an 06 320 with close to 18,000 hrs on it and it only works 6 maybe 7 months a year. So if that thing has only 4000 on her it must have sat a lot