Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Koehring 304 dragline

oldrusty ยท 2018-05-06 18:54

i decided to get the old Koehring 304 running today. took a quart of MMO and some atf to loosen all the clutches. spent about 45 min just lubing and checking things. put in a battery and started the old girl up. spent next couple hours working in the clutches greasing oiling and now i need a new hoist cable and drag line. i think i will dig a pond or two.

Replies5
  1. #1Junkyard2018-05-06 19:10

    Where you diggin at? I'd come be your oiler just to watch the ole girl work

  2. #2oldrusty2018-05-06 22:51

    Thanks Junkyard. i move pretty slow sometimes so it might take a while. my pond is aprox 70 miles NW of OKC. bring your dragline and we can have fun.

  3. #3Junkyard2018-05-06 23:17

    Nothin wrong with slow. It would be fun to bring the boys out to see how things used to be done. I might even learn something I've done a lot of work in the past out by Fairview, Waynoka etc so the area you're in isn't new territory. I'd be glad to come help, watch or work!

  4. #4oldrusty2018-05-07 22:46

    Junkyard i will keep you posted. how old are your boys? can they reach the peddles?

  5. #5Junkyard2018-05-07 23:24

    They're 8 and almost 4. I doubt they can reach but they're good at pretending lol. I like exposing them to as much of the older stuff as I can. They'd enjoy it. My youngest is obsessed with dinosaurs so I'm sure he will be watching for bones! Haha