Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Koehring 466D When I bought it.

Koehringman ยท 2011-01-15 16:26
Replies39
  1. #1Koehringman2011-01-18 21:41

    Restoration pics coming.......Stay tuned!

  2. #2Koehringman2011-01-30 10:15

    Project begins; Primer & roof to stock. More pics of old p ACH]aint & decals Had to buy new mufflers...6V71 power. I couldn't hear the neighbors complain standing in front of me... :beatsme

  3. #3CBS2011-01-30 13:13

    them tracks most not get much grip lol

  4. #4diggerman572011-01-30 16:18

    I love the the old Koehrings. Thanks for keeping us posted. I guess your project must be on hold for a while with all this darn snow we're getting.

  5. #5john10662011-01-30 19:51

    where did you find this machine it looks to be in good shape. I will get some pics of the 505 up this spring

  6. #6Hayite2011-01-31 17:24

    I have a 366 with a log loader on it, does anyone know where I could find a complete excavator setup?

  7. #7Koehringman2011-01-31 19:06

    Other side of machine roof, mufflers & counterweight painted... ach]

  8. #8Koehringman2011-01-31 19:20

    To, CBS. The grip on these is pretty good. Sometimes if the machine is on pavement it will slide on the dig. To Diggerman. Yeah, snow is a nasty four letter word! Also getting an education on computers. The first time I did the attachment, I waited for 10 mins & it wasn't loading. Got help from a computer guru, and it turned out the photo's in my drive were too big. Had to resize with Photo Manager. Yes been working hard & got away from this post. To Hayite. What 366? A Bantam or regular Koehring? Maybe some posting in the other forums, Craigslist or HCEA might turn one up. Sadly with the co$t of steel a lot of these are getting slaughtered! To John 1066, Been wanting to get a 466D for quite some time. This one was about 6 miles from here, 5000 & some change hours. More to come....

  9. #9245dlc2011-01-31 19:58

    Nice looking machine, there's a Bantam machine not far from my parents place that I think is a 466 or something of that size it's of course under a lot of snow. I wish sliding cab doors weren't a thing relegated to only zero tail swing machines it's really a nice thing to have when it's windy as the wind can't grab the door out of your hand. lol

  10. #10Hayite2011-02-01 13:41

    To Koehringman- My 366 is a Bantam. It's in pretty good shape and runs like watch. I bought it to load boulders and would love to keep it if I could find a excavator stick. Any idea what it's worth?

  11. #11Koehringman2011-02-03 18:51

    Depends on who has one & what they want for it. I'm sure there are a few around. Google or Dogpile & see what you can find.

  12. #12Koehringman2011-02-03 19:00

    :Banghead This had to be the slowest & worst. Those decals did NOT want to come off!

  13. #13GILLIS50552011-02-05 19:11

    I have recently inherited a large amount of old evacation equipment and parts of others

  14. #14Koehringman2011-02-06 00:42

    Got any "D" or "E" Series Koehrings with your windfall?? I'm looking for some small parts. Looking for the thumb button controls and a horn valve.

  15. #15Koehringman2011-02-09 18:00

    Finally, some orange paint.... :cool2

  16. #16Koehringman2011-02-13 14:57

    More angles ach]

  17. #17Koehringman2011-02-19 18:15

    Decals installation

  18. #18Buckethead2011-02-19 18:19

    That one picture, looks like there's an old Michigan pan in the background. Any more pics of that?

  19. #19245dlc2011-02-19 19:05

    Fantastic paint job!

  20. #20Blacksmoke072011-02-19 23:41

    Great restoration!! Lookin good. Question tho.. ive never been around/able to operate a hoe that has a cab on the right side of the house... how wierd is that ??

  21. #21RonG2011-02-20 03:30

    You won't even notice it after a few minutes.Many older machines are built that way. What a great looking machine,it looks new.Thanks for sharing with us.Ron G

  22. #22Koehringman2011-02-20 10:48

    I don't have any. There is one good one on the forum. Type "Zagray" in the search bar Find "Strectches Gallery of Actual Equipment' Page 2 Post #28. You'll see it. It is a 6-110 6V53 power.

  23. #23Koehringman2011-02-20 11:07

    Decals Decals Nice sunny day for for some finishing touches.:cool2

  24. #24CBS2011-02-20 11:28

    mst be good for the soil conditions u have we have clay and its greasy all the time lol those tracks wouldnt go for here what kind of soil do u guys have ther?

  25. #25CBS2011-02-20 11:30

    sure looks pretty good now tho anyways good job

  26. #26Blacksmoke072011-02-20 13:05

    Looks to be alot of sandy material from the pics

  27. #27Koehringman2011-02-20 13:47

    Yeah, fairly decent grade of sand. I was pulling apart 2 foot thick frost chunks with it last week.

  28. #28Buckethead2011-02-20 14:09

    Thank you!

  29. #29spoolintruck2011-02-21 21:54

    That looks nice! Do you know if a 1976 koehring C366 is a good machine? anything to look for?

  30. #30Koehringman2011-02-27 13:14

    According to what I've heard, it is a pretty decent machine.

  31. #31Koehringman2011-02-27 13:20

    Showtime! Zagray Farm Show last October.

  32. #32245dlc2011-02-27 15:34

    She's looking awesome hope to see some youtube videos of it in action.

  33. #33Koehringman2011-02-27 16:52

    Maybe around the May Zagray show, I'll get some video recorded.

  34. #34Koehringman2012-07-23 19:41

    Here is {Finally** some video :cool2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFOfgWitwgc&feature=plcp

  35. #35ror76a2012-11-19 19:06

    Great job on the 466. Neat to see one in such nice shape. Today I was working in an old gravel pit and the owner has a 466D. He actually had 2, but cut the first one up already. He said he is going to cut this one up too, unless someone wants it for parts or to fix it up. Sounded like he would sell it for anything over scrap price. It ran a few years ago, but he said it keeps blowing an o ring and then you loose a lot of oil, so he is done with it. If anyone is intersted, pm me and I can get you in toutch with him. Hate to see it scrapped, but I have enough old machines as it is, so I am not going to mess with it. It is located by Bad Ax, MI.

  36. #36mei85552013-05-27 12:46

    always liked the old koehrings. i grew up around these machines, my dad had 2 mid 1960 466, a 1964 505, and a 73 866d. they may have had some issues and some were clumbsy but these thing were work horses.

  37. #37Alaska9072014-05-29 02:28

    I have a 1973 466D koehring excavator an i would like to know the weight an speces on it if any one knows trying to haul it but i need know little abt it first

  38. #38Koehringman2014-05-29 18:29

    It weighs 64000 lbs roughly. It will go on a lowbed all folded pretty easy. Specify any dimensions that you want. It's about the size of a Cat 330.

  39. #39Lee (MN)2014-05-29 20:13

    Very nice looking machine, Thanks for saving it!. I have never been around the smaller models like yours. Typically a Koehring will out pick anything in it's class by a longshot, more so over the side, LOL. Have fun with it. Lee:usa