Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

koehring 6620 lc-5

count ยท 2010-02-22 21:27

Hey everybody, Just picked up an good ole Koehring 6620 LC-5 with an Isuzu 6BD1T w/turbo. I want to do some maintenance (fluids, filters...), but unless the filters have specific numbers, some are difficult to cross reference (straight oil filter(nothing but japanese print), hyd canister filter(no numbers). Been trying to track down a maintenance/shop manual, just haven't been able to find the exact model. Also need an upper carrier roller, have some leads, but nothing definite. (Hy-Dash undercarriage) If anyone can help with manuals, part numbers, or filter numbers and capacities, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Replies9
  1. #1finaldrive2010-02-22 23:13

    I'll send you a PM tomorrow. I have a filter list and parts book at the office. Hy-Dash is the brand of final drive in it. Make sure to change the gear oil in them and maintain them regularly. The final drives are no longer in production and the parts are scarce. What is your machine serial number? 66500 or higher?

  2. #2count2010-02-23 20:53

    Thanks for the response finaldrive. I'm working with a mid/late 80s Koehring 6620 LC-5 with an Isuzu 6cyl turbo. Serial number is 1176234. Any info would be helpful.

  3. #3bridgeclaw2010-02-24 18:56

    6620 Koehring I have a full set of factory manuals ,(service or maint. and parts) ours is a 6620 Lc-7, I've been running Napa (Wix) filters for years, have all the numbers. I am in the process of rebuild of the undercarriage right now, had one heck of a time finding new parts. I can't locate any front idlers still, if anyone has any leads or info on idlers I would be gratefull to say the least! I had to rebuild my upper carrier rollers, bearings are ball bearing type, my seals were still in good shape, they were simple to rebuild, Terex wants a fortune for them if you can get them to locate some. I rebuilt the grease cylinders for the track adjusters also, local shop got the seals reasonable for me. My pistons or rods were reuseable. Anyone can drop me an email at: [email protected]

  4. #4QuickTrax2010-02-24 20:58

    I have a listing on the 6620, I don't know if it is the same as the 6620lc-7. The number I am showing for the idlers is a DE14 which are not available. I think that is a Berco #. The bottom rollers are a KL18 and your chain # is CR5035/53. Good Luck, Quicktrax

  5. #5QuickTrax2010-02-24 21:00

    Does anyone know where I can find some track pads for a Koehring 1466?

  6. #6Vinny2010-11-29 16:18

    I have a 1989 6620 LC-5 Koerhing excavtor. Need to know if anyone can tell me the cross reference for the Koerhing filter numbers. Wanted to change the return hyd filter but could not find a number for the filter. All I have is the Koerhing number and NAPA was unable to do anything with it. Thanks

  7. #7Vinny2010-12-01 00:02

    Now looking for a good used hyd pump for 1989 6620 LC-5 Koerhing Excavator. Uchida-Hydromatik A8V107ERBR

  8. #85030tinkerer2013-11-19 14:46

    From the parts manual at http://www.minnpar.com/partbooks/Koehring and Bantam/Excavators/6620II-PARTS-1175001.pdf , I see the following hydraulic filters and related o-rings required. If anyone has any idea on how to cross these, I would be most appreciative (I've only got the air, fuel, and oil filters, which I listed first in case it helps anyone else): Engine oil filter - Wix 51640 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSGV58/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Engine fuel filter - Wix 33260 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014BAD24/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 730 7189 Air filter, new number is 900V6875, CROSSES to Donaldson P181054 - http://www.filterspro.com/detail.cfm?part=1722313 730 2707 Element (in tank?) 730 2860 O Ring for #31 element 730 0729 O Ring for #31 element 730 2865 O Ring for #21 element 730 4341 Filter assembly 730 7032 Strainer (likely not needed) 730 7020 O Ring for #21 element 730 2709 Filter ass'y, pilot 730 7043 Filter ass'y, swing 730 6198 Cartridge (spin on) 730 4869 Strainer, suction

  9. #95030tinkerer2014-10-25 12:54

    Just an update on this thread. We now have the following filter cross references: Engine oil filter - Wix 51640 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Engine fuel filter - Wix 33260 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 730 7189 Air filter, new number is 900V6875, CROSSES to Donaldson P181054 - http://www.filterspro.com/detail.cfm?part=1722313 730 6198 hydraulic spin on - Donaldson P550008 - http://www.amazon.com/Donaldson-P55...e=UTF8&qid=1414257360&sr=8-1&keywords=P550008 730 4341 element (huge primary element cartridge filter at top of tank for main in turn return) - Donaldson P551210 - http://www.amazon.com/Donaldson-P55...e=UTF8&qid=1414257398&sr=8-1&keywords=P551210 Further, we know that: 730 2707 Element (in tank?) - is not in tank at all. It's an external-to-the-tank hydraulic cartridge filter (about 6.25" long x 3" in diameter) that sits to the motor side of the pilot filter. I think it may be the swing filter. I ordered both of the filter elements that Minnpar had. One came marked with the 730 2707 part # in an IHI Construction Machinery Limited box marked with their part #T7679781 and another number - 6115021230 (these numbers both covered up with stickers that I removed with steam). The sticker with the 730 2707 part # covered up another sticker with the 04730 4870 part number. The other filter came in a plain box with part #739 4870. Likely the 730 2707 number supercedes the 04730 4870 part number. I don't know if additional of these elements are available, but the two that I received came with a thinner version of the oring part number stated to be required by the manufacturer. I believe that either oring would work. 730 4869 is the last in line in-tank suction filter feeding the main pump. It's in the side of the hydraulic reservoir. It is evidently no longer available, but is cylindrical and measures 7.75" x 5 7/8" OD and has a 4.5" inlet on the one end with it being sealed on the other. I bought the last two Minnpar had. You want to replace the oring 730 0760 at the same time, but removing this element requires disturbing another oring that is no longer available (the one attaching the metal 3" inlet tube to the main pump, part #730 2861). You could just grab the measurements off of this oring for its replacement if need be, though). 04730 2709 - is the pilot filter assembly. It was a direct factory replacement, but at $342, was pricey for what I really needed - just the internal filter - and it didn't come with the orings that need to be disturbed to transfer the line fitting adapters on either end across. The assembly was marked Yamashin - http://www.yamashin-filter.co.jp - and marked DTII - 04-10-10, model 7627FD. Thankfully, it came with a new filter. The filter itself was marked 7625FS. The bag the assembly came in was marked 'Parts No 6115021170, description P90802, IHI Construction Machinery Limited. 730 4342 is a part number not previously listed. This looks much like a small air cleaner, but is a hydraulic filter return pre-filter that sits just above the Donaldson P551210. I have reached out to Norman Filter ( http://www.normanfilters.com/industry_filter_elements.html ) to see if they can custom manufacture any of these filters or provide a cross and will update this thread if good things come out of that exchange. Given that new-in-the-jug fluid is typically only filtered to 50 microns and the difficulty of finding these filters just anyway, I devised a pre-filtering solution to run my fluid through. It first filters at 143 microns, then at 25 microns, then at 10 microns, and finally has a water separator/10 micron filter with individual gauges on each filter assembly. Essentially, I built a filter cart. Commercial solutions are commonly available. If I had to do it again, I'd likely just purchase from Norman filters - see http://www.normanfilters.com/viscosity.html . I didn't see their offerings until it was too late. I have yet to pick up a pump for the fluid filtering, but may try for a DC pump that can continuously filter the fluid in the reservoir while the machine is in use. Hope this helps someone!!