Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Koehring hyd. whine

hellwig492 ยท 2011-04-24 22:33

If your done whiping your tears of laughter I do have a Koehring 2150 skid steer. Yep,we are gluttons for punishment.Anyway,it has an audible whine after start up that doesn't get better or worse after warm-up.It gets worse when either of the sticks are moved forward or backward.I'm assuming the hyd. pump is the culpurit,just looking for your input.Also are these pumps repairable?

Replies5
  1. #1Z28982011-05-02 16:52

    Just a thought. Have you checked the inlet of the pump for restriction (cavatating the pump) or air getting into the inlet of the pump (aerating the pump) ?

  2. #2hellwig4922011-05-03 23:01

    Good call,I have it jacked up for axle seal repair and I'm gonna change hydro fluid so I'll check the inlet screen.I assume it's in the reservoir suction line??

  3. #3Z28982011-05-04 10:54

    I would also assume in the reservoir if it had an inlet screen. I was just thinking generically. Certainly filters (return if it has a return as well) are worth changing. In alot of systems the inlet line will have nothing more than a boulder (large pieces) catcher on the inlet to the hydraulics depending what sump supplies the hyds, if it has one at all. From there it usually goes to the pump. They always say some dirty or contaminated oil is better than no oil but if you have had a failure in the hyd system it is not inconceiveable that the inlet could be restricted. Also if the contamination has gone through the pump and into the filter then evidence of the filter bypass opening may be there. Not trying to make it more difficult. I have also seen rags, cap plugs, foam rubber, paint etc inside tanks that will create restrictions. Good luck!

  4. #43sons2011-09-13 19:35

    can anyone tell me where to get an axle for a 2150 scat trac koehring skidsteer

  5. #5Lolo2020-07-03 21:33

    I just had an axle.mad in San Antonio Texas. I dont have their card with me but I think it was southwest welding and machine shop. Looks pretty stout. I got it home and left the next day on vacation so habent installed it yet. Also any bearing and seal warehouse has the seals for the axle as well. I got.my seals at bohls in San Antonio as well.