Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komastu diagnostic software

tool_king ยท 2011-01-04 20:35

Does any one run Komatsu diagnostic software for excavators on their laptops?And if so were can I get it.

Replies50
  1. #1coalrulz2011-01-04 20:49

    There is no diagnostic software for Komatsu excavators. You can access diagnostic information from the monitor panel. Depending on what series you have determines what buttons and sequence is needed to access service portion of monitor panel. There is some us for laptops on very large Komatsu excavators and shovels.

  2. #2John C.2011-01-04 21:52

    As I recall there was always provision to hook up a laptop on Dash 6 and later machines. I think the local dealer only set up one laptop for that use but no one I know ever used it. The monitor panel worked well enough for all the problems I've ever ran across.

  3. #3motrack2011-01-04 22:04

    I think your right John C. If you went to Komastu I am sure they sell you the software but be prepared to spend several thousand $$$.

  4. #4coalrulz2011-01-04 22:09

    Very confident that there is no sofware used by the dealer. If there is, being a mechanic for Komatsu, I would be mad at my boss for not getting it.

  5. #5jey_c2011-01-05 11:00

    you're right coalrulz, the best way is to use the diagnose system of the monitor panel. By the way while diagnose a PC300 dash 6 i've got an error E303, does any body knows if it means any abnormality?

  6. #6coalrulz2011-01-05 17:37

    was not able to find code E303 listed in PC300-6 service manual I looked at. E306 is abnormality in potentiometer feedback system. E308 abnormality in fuel control dial input value

  7. #7John C.2011-01-05 20:59

    I'm pulling this from memory now but when the PC300-6 first showed up here there were a few machines that had that code. The Komatsu rep was a friend mine who told me that code was supposedly for a factory automated grease system that never got put on the machines. The machine I worked on had this code and I never was able to confirm what it was for sure and that my friend's explanation usually worked for all my customers. As for the diagnostics I have seen a mechanic hook up a laptop and run the system. The diagnostic connector for the Dash 6 hung loose below the fuse panel.

  8. #8coalrulz2011-01-05 21:27

    John C. I have yet to see any diagnostic ports on a construction size Komatsu excavator. Maybe we should go off of facts here, the service manual does not show any provisions for hooking up a laptop. Numerous Komatsu schools that I have attended that very question has been asked and the answers by the instructors was always "NO". So maybe we can put this part to rest. As for the E303. As stated in an earlier post there is no mention of that code in service manual. There is however a mention of a E313 code which deals with the (optional) autolube system mentioned in your post.

  9. #9motrack2011-01-05 21:28

    Talking today with a buddy who is a field mechanic for Komatsu in Indianapolis and he told me all diagnostics can be accessed thru the screen. Erroe codes are listed in the tech manuals and he said that codes are serial number specific. He has a laptop in his truck but said their is no cable to interface with a Komatsu.

  10. #10John C.2011-01-05 22:57

    I stated I could be wrong about the 303 code and it surely could have been a 313. I was a field mechanic for a Komatsu dealer for five years. I worked on the line before going to work for the dealer and for ten years after leaving the dealer. I'll check my sources again for the Dash 6 machine laptop connections and if there were any. I know what I saw by one of the current field mechanics at that dealer. I also know from my time with that dealer that Komatsu does not share all the capabilities of the systems with very many people. I agreed to start with that there was no need to use a laptop to diagnose Komatsu excavators.

  11. #11coalrulz2011-01-05 23:01

    John C. I wasn't attempting to prove you wrong or me right. I was just explaining what I know about the ability to use a laptop on Komatsu excavators. No hard feelings I hope.

  12. #12John C.2011-01-06 00:54

    No hard feelings at all. Everyone should be able to take a challenge on and look deeper for an answer and I enjoy that. I went into my Komatsu PC200-6 book and found connector CO9 which is labeled as the model selection connector. It is an eight wire connector with most of the wires going to what are labeled as model selection pins in the pump controller. There is one wire going to the pump controller that says service switch. There is another wire going to the monitor panel to a pin that says hydraulic oil temperature sender. The problem with that pin is that the wire doesn't go to the temp sender. It goes back into the pump controller. The factory explanation for that connector is to differentiate to the computer whether or not the machine is a PC200 or a PC220. However I have changed computers in those machines before and I had to purchase them by part number and there are two different part numbers for each machine. I bet if someone were to check the schematic for the PC300, they would find the same pin connection but labeled as something else. Finally with all the possibilities inherent in those systems I've had to ask why there wouldn't be a connection. I know the system has a thousand hour memory and I've seen factory graphs showing operating history of various machines. What manufacturer wouldn't want that kind of information for development purposes. At any rate I'll keep looking for a more comprehensive answer.

  13. #13motrack2011-01-06 12:55

    I have worked on sites before next to the Komatsu mechanic and was sure he was pluged in with his laptop but my buddy is telling me otherwise. Maybe he just had his laptop in the cab reading the tech manual checking error codes? I"m known to be wrong from time to time

  14. #14John C.2011-01-06 20:59

    Here are two examples of connectors, one in the PC200 that I mentioned before and one from a PC120-6 showing what is described in the photo as a network connector.

  15. #15coalrulz2011-01-06 21:07

    Very interesting, are you implying that this is evidence of a dealer diagnostic connection?

  16. #16BLSROCKS2011-01-22 10:01

    Komatsu software Hello gentelmen. I was readn a few of the conversations pertaining to Komatsu software. Iam a field mechanic for a dealer in Chicago. The only diagnostics applicable with a laptop is the Cummins engine harness for Insite. On the late model loaders you can access the J1939 plug behind the cab seat under sheet metal. Not very accessible. We have the parts manuals and service manuals on a memory software card called Lacie. It has to b down loaded from Komatsu.U have info from 1950 to present on there so you dont have to carry so many books or rely on your local parts department.

  17. #17tool_king2011-01-24 00:46

    BLSROCKS can you email me at [email protected] Would like to ask you a couple of private questions THANKS ED

  18. #18jey_c2011-01-26 09:38

    how can we downlod it, that will make life easier: [email protected]

  19. #19Cleggdawg2012-06-07 23:21

    Hi I have a pc200-8, I saw my Komatsu mechanic punch in a sequence on the keypad to prong up a diagnostics screen... Does anyone know what the sequence is?? Thanks.

  20. #20tool_king2012-06-08 12:32

    BLSROCKS Can you please call me at 1-201-832-1606 .Would like to talk to you.Thanks ED

  21. #21MrKomatsu2012-06-09 22:11

    i worked for Komatsu for almost 15 years there is no software needed to run diagnostics. It is all on board in monitior's....only Instite for Cummins service and trouble shooting.....is needed for some komatsu's... then it is hooked up at ecm in engine area...

  22. #22hootsmcgoots2012-06-12 17:32

    This is correct. No diagnostic port available. Only an engine diagnostic port for Cummins' Insite. Some, not all, but some of the larger loaders (WA600+), Excavators (PC800+), and rigid haul trucks (HD785+, 730E+) are equipped with VHMS( Vehicle Health Monitoring System) and Payloader for the trucks.

  23. #23MrKomatsu2012-06-12 17:46

    The model selectoin harness is only used to select model you currently have....some controllers are use in several models and the harness is what tell the controller if you have a pc300lc-6 or a pc400lc-6....no laptop is used on komatsu.except for insit.....keep the peace ya'll

  24. #24Bala2012-06-15 05:43

    I sent this the pages form the manual to do this to some else a little while ago, PM me an email address and i will send it to you

  25. #25John C.2012-07-27 20:39

    What I have seen is that in the larger Komatsu machines they are using their own engines. SD170, SD140 and SD125 were the old designations. I've still seen the Cummins clones in the smaller machines, PC120, PC150 small loader and so on.

  26. #26Samir khan85212015-03-06 23:02

    Problem on komatsu pc100-6 Can u help me???....there is a problem in my machine which is a PC 100-6 It has two errors E05 and E02,I've got an actron scanner but I can't find the diagnostic connector Can u help me out

  27. #27Samir khan85212015-03-06 23:15

    Problem on komatsu pc100-6 Can anyone help me out there is a problem on my machine It has two errors E02 and E05.i have been looking for diagnostic connector In the machne But I cannot find please can someone help me out or maybe send an image of the area where the connector is located

  28. #28randymiller88642015-05-12 23:33

    Hi John C, I know I reading an old post,but I submitted a post earlier about troubleshooting diagnostic error codes, E15, and CA778, . on a PC138USLC-8, need help, don't know procedure to pull up more Info on monitor.....thanks

  29. #29John C.2015-05-13 19:31

    PM your email address and I might be able to help a bit. I've never worked on a Dash 8 machine but might have a diagram for pulling up codes. John C.

  30. #30dquinn2015-05-17 01:38

    I was a field service man with komatsu for many years up till last year, from my knowledge Komatsu use diagnostic ports on only large equipment for factory down load and some of the larger cummins engines, all equipment diagnosis e.g cyl cut, sensor outputs and calibrations is done through the various monitor panels. If you need to access any monitor for excavator, dozer or loaders regardless of series I can give you the codes

  31. #31dquinn2015-05-17 01:56

    Komatsu only use diagnostic software for the larger mining gear and some of the larger cummins engines, all civil and construction gear regardless of series and machine type is accessed through the monitor panels, once in you monitor pressures, perform calibrations and carry out cylinder cut out (if fitted ) if you need the access codes for any machine let me know as i would be glad to help

  32. #32Komatsu_Aussie2015-05-19 03:26

    Bala can you please pm me in regards to how to get into dignostics screen please. I can't seem to pm you

  33. #33nikle2015-07-02 04:25

    Hi dquinn Can you please give me the code for accessing monitor panel diagnosis for Komatsu D155AX - 5 Bulldozer. It has problem with transmission the lever can't move in 2nd and 3rd clutch on the monitor tabel only stau N1 and F1 and R1. In these position the engine doesn't have full power. I checked the solenoids for all cluthes and we opened the transmision case and we still can;t find what is wrong

  34. #34nikle2015-07-02 04:31

    Hi dquinn Can you please give me the code for accessing monitor panel diagnosis for Komatsu D155AX - 5 Bulldozer 76000up. It has problem with transmission the lever can't move in 2nd and 3rd clutch. On the monitor table only shows N1 and F1 and R1. In these position the engine doesn't have full power. I checked the solenoids for all cluthes and we opened the transmision case and we still can;t find what is wrong. There is E03 code.

  35. #35Simon C2015-12-26 19:48

    Hi John - Am new to the Site and would like to know how to scan codes from monitor on komatsu equipment. Is there a booklet or PDF that gives the procedure on different machines. Email: [email protected] Thanks Simon

  36. #36John C.2015-12-26 23:44

    I haven't had to work on Komatsu machines for some time now. Each type of machine has its own procedure for bringing the codes up on the monitor panels. Dozers are different from wheel loaders which are different again from excavators and again from haul trucks. The procedures are again different for newer and older models in each machine type. Let us know which machine your are seeking info on and we can try to get that information to you.

  37. #37Simon C2015-12-27 01:03

    Thanks very much and will let you know a model number in the near future and once again thanks for the prompt response. Simon

  38. #38Dimonsof2015-12-27 02:59

    Big excavators should have VHMS port in them, but you need cable and VHMS diagnostic software. When I worked in Komatsu dealership, they wouldn't sell it to the customers (maybe different now?) Small machines can be equipped with KOMTRAX, which send all the data through Orbcomm and customer actually can get access to data on-line for his machines through the dealer. Dima

  39. #39BrianSmith2016-02-05 08:13

    I'm looking for the sequence to access the service section of the monitor on a PC210LC-10 if anyone can help? Spent the whole day googling found nothing.

  40. #40BrianSmith2016-02-06 11:13

    Im also looking for the travel beeper and or the best way to disable it.

  41. #41mr niceguy2017-01-28 08:42

    Mr john i had so many hardtimes doing mech jobs with pc200-6 ,can help me find some books for it

  42. #42John F2019-05-15 00:06

    The Komatsu D65AX-6 was subject to electrical harness problems when they got some time on them ,also steering problems associated with the steering potentiometers. For those of you who think you have a Cummins engine look ai the tags on the engine before ordering parts. Cummins used a CPL numbers on the tags. An example of a komatsu number ie SA6D170-2 tells us it is a inline 6, turbocharged, diesel, 170 mm bore ,second series. Many Cummins were used in komatsu equipment from the B,C small blocks to the L10,M11 and alot of K blocks on the older machines. There are a lot of them out there but komatsu built engine parts don't interchange with Cummins parts. You can buy Cummins parts from the Komatsu dealer,just take the numbers off the tag. Hope this helps. Have been a Komatsu field mechanic but not familiar with the new arrangements with Cummins lately.

  43. #43steve waldner2019-05-15 14:10

    On the dash 10 - hold down 4 continue holdning press 3 2 1 .

  44. #44simonsrplant2023-01-24 13:04

    Old thread back to life.... Sorry Not sorry Anyone know thee procedure to access a -11 excavator?

  45. #45funwithfuel2023-01-24 13:13

    See above

  46. #46John C.2023-01-24 14:55

    Same as the Dash 10.

  47. #47simonsrplant2023-01-24 15:34

    Beauty. Thanks guys.

  48. #48simonsrplant2023-01-25 18:13

    Next question Can mechanical system abnormalities be cleared? I have an active L01 fault, DEF injectior. Overheat warning. Which to my understanding means the operator has shut down thee unit without cooling down more than a few times. I believe it just needs resetting ?

  49. #49John C.2023-01-25 18:51

    I'm told and have read that the mechanical issues cannot be cleared. The overheating DEF injector, again from what I was told, might be from running the system out of DEF and continuing to operate the machine. Take that with a grain of salt.

  50. #50ArashZandi2024-11-24 05:09

    Hi dear friends We are currently in the process of updating the network configuration of our Komatsu equipment to improve our fleet management and data communication capabilities. As part of this process, we need to update the IP addresses of the VHMS devices on each machine. While accessing the systems through Telnet, we encountered a prompt requesting the /magiccode parameter when attempting to execute the IPCONFIG command to change the IP address. We kindly request your assistance in providing the necessary magic code to enable us to perform these updates. If there are any prerequisites, guidelines, or additional procedures required for using the magic code, please share that for us. Thank you