Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 200-7 lines from top side of pump

Bc_logger ยท 2014-10-09 19:07

Can any one tell me what the following hoses in the photo are for ? they come off the top end og the pump and terminate to a piece of steel. woundering if I could rob some flow off of these to run a small 10cc motor Thanks

Replies16
  1. #1Deeretracks2014-10-09 21:39

    They are called attenuator lines. They are meant to dissipate some of the hyd shock/vibration in the delivery lines down to the frame to reduce noise or drone. I was working with an engineer from Dramone that insisted that you can rob oil from them w/o issue to run a hyd quick coupler. I refused to do it because Deere/Hitachi doesn't allow it and we were working on brand new machines. I don't think I would do it, how do you plan on controlling flow?

  2. #2Bc_logger2014-10-09 22:07

    I was going to control the flow using a wandafluh servo valve any ideas on a line were I could safely rob flow off of for a 10 cc motor would be greatly appreciated

  3. #3Deeretracks2014-10-09 22:50

    Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with Komatsu systems. I just know what those lines are for. Might give Wendle at http://www.hpf.com/home.asp a call. They are in Snohomish, Wa and could probably help you.

  4. #4lantraxco2014-10-10 10:47

    Not sure if the Komatsu runs a low standby pressure or not, if you tap a pump line you may have to figure out how to induce the pump to go on stroke and create pressure. Are you already using the extra valve section usually provided for a hammer, etc.?

  5. #5Bc_logger2014-10-10 11:15

    Thats kinda my fear and it may be looking that way. Yes im all ready using the boom lines for the thumb/ hammer so just need to find another easy source to take off from wile maintaining the funcionality of the machine.

  6. #6Deeretracks2014-10-10 11:28

    Does the 200 have a gear pump for the pilot circuit? Wonder if you could get a double stack pump?

  7. #7lantraxco2014-10-10 11:28

    What is it you're trying to run, 10cc is a tiny motor?

  8. #8lantraxco2014-10-10 11:41

    Doesn't look like it, looks like a PR setup to me. The SAA6D102E engine shows a port for an auxiliary drive below the injection pump, if I'm looking at the right parts book and you could come up with the adapter and gear that might be the easy way to get it done.

  9. #9Bc_logger2014-10-10 11:53

    just need to spin a valve for a vibro curcut

  10. #10lantraxco2014-10-10 15:51

    Spin a valve? Like a ball valve or something to shift a function? More details if you can, i'm wondering if you can accomplish what you need with pilot pressure.

  11. #11Bc_logger2014-10-10 16:17

    its a little hard to fully describe whats all going on so ill try my best. The valve is like a ball vale where it opens and closes a high flow curcut to shuttle oil in and out of a piston cylinder creating a moving mass in a vertical means creating a fast vibration. we usually run the motor at 2000 psi as it need to spin the valve under load from the main high flow circut up to 150 rotations per secound. I dont believe wound be able to achieve the required torque from the motor as i believe that pilot line pressure at 300psi ?

  12. #12lantraxco2014-10-10 16:53

    Woudn't have enough pressure or flow in any case, I see what you're trying to achieve now, I thought maybe it was just an on/off sort of thing. Why not use a flow divider or pressure reducing valve off your high flow circuit to divert a little oil to the motor? If you're serious about 150 rps, that equals 9,000 rpm? Looking at almost 24 gpm oil flow with a 10cc motor if I did the math correctly.

  13. #13Bc_logger2014-10-10 17:28

    sorry got ahead of my self with explaining the valve has three ports so the piston will be cycling 150 rps and the valve will be 50 rps so 30 liters per minute. I have to have the valve spinning befor the high flow hits it other wise the shock can dammage the componets looking at possibly using the port for the hydraulic quick change, just waiting to see if this will have enough flow, will be needing 10-12 gpm

  14. #14lantraxco2014-10-10 17:37

    3,000 rpm sounds a lot saner, lol. Worst case you could maybe drive a belt drive clutch pump off the air con belt, wouldn't be my first choice but..... Or as I mentioned earlier look and see if the engine has the port in the timing cover just below the injector pump for an aux drive.

  15. #15Bc_logger2014-10-10 17:51

    yea again my appologies I got a little ahead of my self on that one, I will take a look and see if their is a port on the timing cover for an aux thanks for your help !

  16. #16John C.2014-10-11 14:01

    Komatsu calls those two hoses snubbers and do exactly as Deeretracks says. I have seen plenty of situations where small amounts of oil was pulled off the blocks. I used to use them to charge an accumulator for grapple rotation. I have seen more situations though where we put diverter valves between the pump and main control valve. It all depends on how much oil you need. The hydraulic system is closed center load sensing and I think the load sensing system will pick up the difference in pressures and supply any flow you want to pull. Just keep in mind that you are between the pump and main control valve so whatever you pull off will slow the rest of the functions.