Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 220 Excavator Hydraulic Problems

josh2500 ยท 2012-10-22 21:12

I just picked up a Komatsu 220 at the auction. I think its around a 98 model. It is extremely slow. It walks forward and backwards, but the controls are slow. I have changed all filters, fluid, and the hydraulic lines for the controls. I'm not familiar with this machine. Is there a way to check and help diagnose the pump? If the pump is bad, where is the best place to buy replacement parts for komatsu's? Thanks in advance for the help...

Replies3
  1. #1225d Cat2012-10-23 18:03

    See if you can get someone out to do some pressure tests.

  2. #2John C.2012-10-23 21:11

    Need the Dash model as they are different between models. Dash 3, 5, 6, 7, 8?

  3. #3Jon_one2012-10-28 14:05

    could also just need a little adjustment on the tvc valve... but it all depends on your dash model and serial number , as these machines have various models....