Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 325 Haul Truck Trouble Code Question

brynbaily ยท 2010-10-01 23:54

We picked up an 07' model Komatsu 325 off-highway truck. It keeps popping up E03 code with the buzzer. The codes we've pulled from it were a low coolant and EGR. Coolant is fine so my question being whats the EGR fix? It mostly trips when cold. I'm def not a mechanic so please excuse me if I sound uneducated on this. Any ideas or explanation will be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Replies8
  1. #1Dr Komatsu2010-10-02 10:53

    Can you supply the six digit fault code from the fault history ? As E03 isn't a proper code but an indication of its severity . The codes are a combo of numbers and letters. There is an issue with EGR valves which was subject to a Parts & Service News . Newer m/c has superseded parts fitted . If its happening when cold could be the EGR oil feed pump pressure being low. I've changed 2 EGR oil pumps for this on a HM400-2 and a D85PX-15. I'll dig out the PSN on Monday and have a look.

  2. #2brynbaily2010-10-02 15:29

    I'll try to grab it Mon when I go in. Thanks for the help!

  3. #3brynbaily2010-10-05 11:32

    Code CA2272 is what I got. Isn't that the low psi EGR? One of my guys seems to think the sensor gets dirty and is too sensitive which sets it off. What do you think? Does that hold any truth or are we way off?

  4. #4Dr Komatsu2010-10-05 12:20

    I forgot to ask is your haul truck a rigid HD325-6 or HD325-7 ?. CA2272 is for the EGR Valve Position Sens Low Error. This could be the caulking failing on the position sensor . This is the fault on the Parts & Service News . CA2272 is carried out by troubleshooting CA2271. Could be defective EGR lift sensor ,should be 4.75-5.25v at connector SEGR between pins 1 & 2. Ignition on and connector inserted. Or a disconnection/short circuit/grounding in harness. I'm back in the office tomorrow so i'll get the PSN dug out and looked over. But i think i will be the caulking on the EGR position sensor.

  5. #5brynbaily2010-10-05 16:32

    HD325-7 is what we have.

  6. #6Dr Komatsu2010-10-05 16:48

    Thats fine , i'll speak to our electrician weds morning and see what he thinks. And look up the service news and let u know.

  7. #7Dr Komatsu2010-10-06 17:57

    Sent you a pm regarding this. Hope it helps.

  8. #8Wire pliers2017-09-06 16:21

    Dr Komatsu anyway I could get a pm from you on this same issue? Having the exact same problem.