Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KOMATSU 350-8 MO form china!!!!!!

rajmohan · 2025-10-26 02:44

I want to import komatsu 350 to china. The average prices for refurbished ones were around 40k usd. With one yeat warranty. But I am also seeing way cheaper ones with apparently some "good" suppliers. These superstars have online marketing and seem to respond all queried seems legit. How can I finalize !!! I cant go to china, are there any thirty party services that cab help? Also , has anyone had any experience? And recommend some trustworthy suppliers for the same....

Replies10
  1. #1Vaughan2025-10-27 03:23

    You shouls use a third-party inspection service like SGS or QIMA to verify the Komatsu 350 and supplier. Avoid deals far below $40k, and use escrow for safety.

  2. #2rajmohan2025-10-27 04:19

    How do I use escrow? Alibaba payment is escrow right ?. I am using hqts as an inspection agency.

  3. #3h2y2025-10-27 05:39

    Just to clarify, you want to import from China to Oman, EAB (an island country)? First & foremost, hire an Importer to handle ALL the logistics, reassembled at your shop. Have you any idea of the shipping expense? That big machine will require 2, or more, 40' containers; major disassembly to fit into said containers; and professional reassembly to have a chance of still working. Don't count on the warranty still being valid after all that. Does Oman have an EPA? Make sure this can even be imported into your country. If it gets held up in port, sitting there can eat a lot of money. If your EPA rejects it, what happens then? Good luck and please update here how it works out (hopefully better than my experience/education importing 2 small, intact forklifts from ritchie brothers, France to USA). Last, but not least, hire an interpreter so there will be no "failure to communicate".

  4. #4Universal Parts2025-10-29 02:46

    It is not recommended to buy unless you have a local representative in China and are familiar with the factory preparation in the country of purchase, otherwise it will be a ****** experience. The Alibaba guarantee is just a financial protection to ensure that the merchant will ship the product after you pay.

  5. #5h2y2025-10-29 05:01

    Ritchie Bros have excavators for sale at their Dubai December 8-9th auction. How far away is that?

  6. #6Welder Dave2025-10-29 23:51

    $40K for a supposedly rebuilt 350 size excavator sounds way too cheap.

  7. #7BC Placer gold2025-10-30 12:26

    I personally saw some really nice, “shiny” new Komatsu’s in Vancouver…..they were Chinese counterfeits—-entire machine!

  8. #8h2y2025-10-30 14:22

    Working machines or for sale? If for sale, who was selling them? rb?

  9. #9BC Placer gold2025-10-30 14:30

    Privately owned, not for sale….

  10. #10ExcavatorPartsVincent2026-06-05 01:30

    For a 350-size Komatsu, I would not decide from photos, a low price, or the word "refurbished" alone. Make the seller and inspection company prove the exact machine file. For HQTS or any third-party inspector, I would give them a written checklist before they go: - confirm the model and serial/PIN plate, engine plate and any visible component tags - photograph the hour meter, monitor, fault codes and dashboard at key-on - cold start video before the machine is warmed up - engine smoke, blow-by, oil leaks, coolant condition and idle/load response - hydraulic pump pressure if they can test it, plus boom/arm/bucket speed under load - travel both sides, swing, brakes, final-drive leaks and abnormal noise - undercarriage wear: shoe width, link condition, sprocket, idler, rollers and track adjuster - boom, arm, bucket, cylinder rods, weld repairs and frame cracks - what must be removed for container shipping and who reassembles/tests it in Oman Escrow protects payment only to a point. It does not make a bad inspection good, and it may not cover "machine is worn but shipped as described" disputes. I would tie payment milestones to inspection pass, serial confirmation, loading photos, bill of lading draft and written warranty exclusions. If the seller will not allow a live video walkaround plus independent inspection before deposit, I would pass.