I’ve got the Cat PDF and I’m following the steps, but wondering if anyone’s done this before—just want to make sure I’m hooking up to the right ports and getting the right readings for the final calculation. issue: When I stop swinging, the whole cab keeps rocking side to side a few times—just rotational, no bounce up or down. Each swing is a bit smaller until it finally settles - So i was gonna check the relief valves first. unit: SN GW700564. a 307.5 Plan below—let me know if there’s a better way to go about it. 1) i am gonna unplug the "swing brake solenoid" 2) hook up my pressure gague to the swing relief port 3) put my presssure gagues hooked into Port A and Port B. 4) then measure full swing left and then full swing right using these calucations: My understanding—and where I might be going wrong—is that I need to cap off Port A, Port B and the relief port - while having all three gauges hooked up at the same time, with the lines disconnected. Does that sound right, or am I missing a step? thank you in advance.
It's more than likely geartrain wear. Run your stick all the way out with the bucket just off the ground. Push and pull on the bucket.......how far does it swing manually before it stops?
this is the backlash with the machine under power and it moves a lot
with the boom extended and bucket off the ground it doesnt move much at all, there is a very slight deflection, but not the same as when it is under power.
That would tell me your problem may be in the swing transmission
by chance would you know if i completed the diagnosit part above - 3 gagues? that data could help? or am in into a different part of the unit. @Vetech63
I'm not saying there may not be a problem hydraulically, but in my opinion, you are chasing a ghost at the moment. I would be checking the swing brake operation, counterbalance valves on the swing motor, and any wear on the main driving gear at the rotek bearing first.
Let me see the Caterpillar documentation carefully. As far as I remember, the swing motor has an anti-reverse valve.
Where did the pdf come from and is it appropriate for your Serial Number.? What is the reference number at the top of Page 1.? I cannot see anything like that in Test&Adjust.
I have carefully reviewed the technical documentation of the machine. The swing motor of this model does not have an anti-reverse valve! Based on the pictures you have posted, I think the swing parking brake of your machine has worn out the friction plates. Alternatively, it is also possible that the hydraulic oil line, which opens the brake from the solenoid to the brake assembly, is stuck somewhere, causing the swing brake to be delayed in applying when you stop turning.
it was for the proper serial number also i was told.
@Nige . Here it is, my good friend.
OK, found it. It should work for your Serial Number. However, as suggested above by @Vetech63 , do a simple test first. Curl the bucket right out, extend the stick as far as it will go and lower the boom until the bucket teeth are about 6" above the ground, then stop the engine. Go to the bucket and try to rotate the machine. How much distance does the bucket move from side to side.? Try the over-swing test as well.
testing results: Swing relief test: 2) SIMPLE SWING TEST: (bucket 6 inch off ground) = lateral rotation movement at bucket 1 5/8 to 1 7/8, perhaps a 2 inch max: x multiple tests: 3) Overswing: i do not think there was ever a difference in the marks. Ran this test a lot with the bucket loaded with A2 modified 3/4 full. It would stop on the mark if i stopped on the target each time. 4) Swing Speed 3 revolutions:
gathered all the data and ran the tests, just not 100percent sure if it has proven the issue. thanks for your help as always!
@LACHAU do you think that spot "it can be stuck here' would be my next target to diagnose it?