Could someone tell me specs of this machine, im going to look at it tommorow. Anyone with any experience with a 50 uu. What is the uu stand for? Thanks
I think the UU signifies the knuckle boom and the near zero tailswing. I think a 50U has just near zero tailswing and the other 'U' designates the knuckle boom as on the above machine. The machine pictured is probably around the 5 tons/5000KG weight.
Well i went and bought it today lol they say its 6tons its very clean and everything is very tight, it has almost 5500hr on it but got it for $8500 total. Plus its set up for case buckets, it will have a 30in bucket on it, but i have 1,2,3 foot buckets also. I tried it out and i love the UU lol Now id just like to find some specs for it. Thanks Guys
Are you going to put a quick hitch/coupler on it then?
I haven't delt with them, i just use the standard attchment Still tring to find a place for the specs
Well i go pick it up tommorow, then to work and see what i can do
well finally got it home and here are a few pics of it with the case 30 inch bucket
That is a beast of a bucket!! Hows it handle with it on?
Its sweet, it can really hold alot of material, ive had it piled up all the way out and it does a great job, and even had it full of rock. Ive only played with it for a few hours, it can really push with the blade. What is the general rule when digging, over the drive motor or the sproket?
Usually having the blade at the front is helpfull (especially with smaller minis, less so of an issue with yours) as it provides stability and can prevent the machine dragging itself forward when hard digging. With my minis I tend to dig accross all areas of the undercarriage - over track motor, over sprocket, accross tracks. diagonaly e.t.c. - which way depends on what is required on the job site e.g. if I need to create a slope I will dig accross the tracks using the blade to lift/tilt the machine to the required angle.
Ditto: I personally put zero stock in the harm done in digging over the finals. The machine spins 360 and I use whatever portion of that I need to get the job done.
Ive just heard ppl say you shouldn't do this or that when digging. I've always thought if they made it to go 360 degrees then you should be able to dig 360. I use the blade all the time, to level or just alittle more stability.
Lets face it if the undercarriage and track motors are powerful and durable enough to allow the machine to be used as dozer e.t.c then what harm can be caused by digging throughout all degrees of motion!?!? As you say use the machine as required just be mechanically sympathetic whilst doing so!!
Is that bucket actually 30" wide. Not dis-agreeing just doesn't seem that wide (probably just the picture).
I have yet to find any specs on the functions of the machine, im not trying to beat the machine, i could have bumped the throttle agood bit. Yeah its a 30 lol
With my mini I am running wide open 90% of the time. Any slower and boredom sets in and that's when your eyes start to wonder and accidents happen. With your machine I am sure wide open isn't needed 90% of the time. I would use just the throttle needed to do the job. I have owned my Kubota mini for over five years and am the only person to use it and it shows. Everyone comments on how good the machine looks for the age. The best thing to do is don't lend your machine to anybody. I tell people it is x dollars to rent and double if I don't run it myself. About a month ago I seen a older Kubota excavator with a bent boom and cylinder. The price to repair was around $8000.00, and that was repaired not replaced parts. I try to not work over the finals, if possible, but when it is required I don't think twice about doing it.
This was my first time running the machine so i was keeping it slow, to learn it. I like your rule of thumb on renting it out i'll keep that in mind.
too old UU model excavator..... can you find the parts easily?
I haven't purchased any replacement parts yet.