Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 830E

fmatemberere · 2024-01-13 08:46

We carried a 1000 he service on Komatsu 830E with MCRS Cummins engine.All fuel filters and water separators were changed. After the service we tried to prime the fuel but not priming. We could hear the fuel priming pump running but not any fuel going to the filters. We topped up the fuel tank to full level but still nothing changed. This machine was working fine and only came to the Workshop for the service only. Please help with ideas on what to check please

Replies1
  1. #1Acecadet2024-01-13 09:45

    On the 830e’s that I work on, I too have trouble getting them to prime at PM, even with a full tank of fuel. A trick I use sometimes is on the water separator filters (I’m assuming yours has the clear bowl upside down type like the machines I work on) we can usually pull a vacuum on the top with the black cap removed to get them to fill. You have to be gentle as to not overflow them.