Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 960E

coalrulz ยท 2010-12-19 21:52

Pic friend of mine took. He asked me to blank out unit # of truck.

Replies4
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2010-12-21 00:39

    That is a huge box. Must be a coal hauler.

  2. #2coalrulz2010-12-22 17:52

    Believe it is first Coal body to be installed on a 960E. I have seen pictures of rock bodies on 960's but this looks much larger, for obvious reasons.

  3. #3alco2010-12-24 10:11

    That box looks absolutely huge on that 960. Do you know if the truck has the GE drive system, or the Siemens drive system? I'm not even sure if they offer a choice now, or if that was only a test they did on preproduction trucks. At any rate, I hope they got rid of that horrible noise the retarders on their trucks make and stiffen up the front suspension. Should prove to be a good truck.

  4. #4coalrulz2010-12-24 10:33

    alco, believe this is the GE system. The siemens is designated 960E-1K and I believe the -1K's are in production and are an option. Here's another pic.