Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Assembly of DR460 O.B. drill

coalrulz ยท 2010-12-25 15:47

Drill assembly of Driltech DR460 overburden drill. Fun, cold project.

Replies12
  1. #1willie592010-12-25 17:46

    That's a bad azz blast hole drill, any details about it? Rotary set up or down the hole hammer? I've done some drilling around Aspen, I know there's some hard glacial till rock there, standard tri-cone roller bits didn't last long drilling it. What mining operation is it working at?

  2. #2coalrulz2010-12-25 18:28

    ATCO, 9 7/8 steels, 36 ft long, a piece, tri-cone bit. 2000 cfm sullair compressor.

  3. #3willie592010-12-25 18:53

    Cool, I guess it's got the rod indexer package then. That's a Cadillac of a drill. Get some more pics of the set up if you get a chance. Also, curious it they're going to use standard tri-cone roller bits or carbide button roller bits. Nice pics bro.

  4. #4heavylift2010-12-26 01:27

    I ran one of those, it must have been a newborn.. Can't tell you the brand .. it has a 3" bit.... A mud flap around the bit area... no seat.. a home made shield with a piece of Plexiglas, that you couldn't see thru. Just an all around miserable machine to run.. So I would say Cadillac all the way.. nice looking drill

  5. #5willie592010-12-26 11:12

    LoL, and I'd wager a bet it didn't have dust control either. :tong

  6. #6heavylift2010-12-26 12:37

    I think the mud flap was the dust control

  7. #7Wrench_one2011-01-09 10:31

    Where are you working at out there Coalrulz, We lived in Colo Springs for 12 years. Nice drill. Send more pics...

  8. #8coalrulz2011-02-18 22:51

    "If it can't be grown it's gotta be mined" Do not know who said it first, but it is the truth. Support mining in America!

  9. #9willie592011-02-19 00:23

    dang good looking drill. look at them tinted windows.

  10. #10rolatyor2011-03-17 22:13

    Hi! I'm a chilean driller preparing to go to work in a new project of gold, silver and copper owned by Barrick called "Pascua Lama" nearest to Copiapo, Chile, Southamerica. This mine is at 5200 meters over the level of the sea in los andes. Cold like the eyes of death... i'm currently being instructed about the safety and the envirioment. i suposse to be at the mine in about two weeks. haven't been there yet. coalrulz ,i was wondering if you happen to have a manual of the DR460 you can share. didn't have had the chance to work with this model. i have operated Drilltech D75KS. saludos amigos!

  11. #11coalrulz2011-03-17 22:34

    rolatyor, greetings from "THE GOOD OLE' US of A. Are you looking for the operators manual or the repair manual? I don't have operators manual but can probably get a hold of a digital copy of one. The DR460 is a little more advanced than the D75KS. The controls for most functions are mounted on panels on the seat frame. They are electric over hydraulic, alot more operator friendly.

  12. #12rolatyor2011-03-18 10:46

    Thanks coalrulz for reply so quick. Any sort of info about this equipment will be helpful. I've googled but couldn't find anything too useful. As soon as i got there i'm gonna share here pictures of the landscape and the equipment used there. Saludos amigos!