Can anyone tell me what this hydraulic component is and why it is leaking fluid fairly steady after the machine reaches operating temperature? And what it would take to rebuild this component. It is on the left side of the machine behind the front tire and forward of the strut. I think there are actually two of them hid back in there.
Forgot to post this info: machine is a HM400-1 and the serial number is something like 1069 or so. I’m going from memory on this. The hydraulic component may be something like an accumulator or attenuator. It has a discharge hole in the bottom as if that’s a port for it to spit something out, like the air dryer on a truck has. Only it’s not spitting occasionally, it’s a pretty good fast drip or even small stream of hydraulic fluid sometimes.
I know its tight in there but you might try to follow the hoses that connect to it. Does the cab tilt on that machine?