Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D135A-2 Hydraulic problem

anthony0488 ยท 2013-09-20 17:09

Hi, I have a problem with a Komatsu D135A-2, this is the 7 time that it damage the hydraulic pump, it all started when one of the lock from the piston head broke (RIPPER), that problem left some small metal parts in the system and since that, it's been blowing the pump. The system have been take it a part and clean every part, including both control valve, but everytime we put a new pump, after a couple of days working, it does the same thin. Pump problem: we take a part the pump every time and every time one or two of the gasket on the housing of the pump is out and one or both of the gear goes bad, also the housing scratch all over. I have go to the best mechanic on my country and they haven't found the problem, can you guys help me please, I need suggestions about it, what to look or how can I find what is causing the pump to go bad. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1bob4552013-10-05 22:31

    Are you still getting metal in your pump? Did you clean out ALL the hyd cylinders?

  2. #2anthony04882013-10-05 22:45

    Thanks for the response, I haven't get anymore metal, we clean everything, including the cylinder, but for some reason the bushing that the gears go in, on the pump, keep getting loose and that damage the gears and the housing, we don't know what else to try. Thanks

  3. #3GregD12013-10-10 23:25

    If you are still losing pumps then you only think you cleaned out the system. You need to take everything apart. I mean everything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #4anthony04882013-10-16 05:04

    We clean the whole system again, tank, lines, cylinders, ect, and installed the new pump, the new mechanic set the pressure at the pump, blade side is set at 2700 and ripper side is 3000 and he's saying that it's working right, the only thing that bother me, is that the first mechanic say, the blade side is supposed to be at 3700 and the ripper at 4000, now I'm confused, any of you guys know what is the right measure? Thanks

  5. #5bob4552013-10-16 20:47

    Did the mechanic bleed all the air out of pump first? What kind if oil you using? Can you get a set of high pressure cleaning filters that you can hook into system before start up?