Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D155AX-5 function problem

CRWAR ยท 2012-12-14 07:27

Hi i am new to this forum but need a bit of help from anyone with mechanical experience on Komatsu D155AX-5 dozers. The machine was bought second hand and i am not familiar with this model but if anyone could help i would really appreciate it. The problem is, the machine starts and revs but none of the functions work ie it will not track forward, reverse left or right and the ripper and blade will not raise or lower. No error code appears on the dash and the park lever and equipment lever are both in the correct position. The problem just started after a lunch break the machine was working perfectly before lunch but would not move when we started it up again. Anyone have any suggestions? Regards Warren

Replies3
  1. #1Diddley2012-12-20 22:20

    I don't have my hard drive with my shop manuals on it so I am unable to check 100% if these are in the system, but if you haven't already I would check the PPC lock lever switch (your hyd functions lock) and there might be a relay for the PPC (again, can't confirm until I am back at work with my manuals) If there is a problem with the lock lever or relay (stuck in the lock position) your machine should start when it is in the unlocked hyd position. If it is something major you should get a code but those are some easy checks that come to mind without checking my service materials

  2. #2MrElectric032012-12-23 13:45

    When you move the controls to lift the blade can you hear the pump stroke and pull the motor down? I agree with Diddley its almost certainly an issue with one of the lockout levers. Could be an electrical issue with a relay or maybe a linkage fell off when putting the lever down to get out of the machine for lunch.

  3. #3CRWAR2012-12-28 13:27

    Hi guys thanks for your ideas it certainly was a faulty lever switch, sorry for the late come back. Had to replace a few parts before we pin pointed where exactly the problem was. I appreciate your help thanks.