Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D20P-6 blade support bar removal?

GMS ยท 2016-09-08 13:25

I have a Komatsu D20P-6. The bar attached to the center of the blade, down to the frame, has broken. I've disconnected the bar from the blade (pin with a keyway lock), And I attempted to do the same with the frame but it seems to be seized. I removed the bar in the keyway, and attempted to pry it out with the threaded center shaft, but it is not budging and I'm afraid I'm going to break the bolt off. I've been soaking it with liquid wrench. Is there something that I am missing? Any suggestions on removing it? What is this bar called? Part number?

Replies7
  1. #1DK882016-09-08 20:01

    pictures will help.

  2. #2GMS2016-09-09 10:36
  3. #3GMS2016-09-10 11:25

    any thoughts or suggestions?

  4. #4DK882016-09-10 19:09

    More force? Try to make a make shift slide hammer?

  5. #5Cmark2016-09-10 19:21

    The correct way would be to clean out the hole in the centre of the pin, screw in an adapter and set up a receiver tube and screw/hydraulic puller. This isn't always successful as the threads in the pin rust out and the pin may be too tight to come out even with heat. If it won't come out this way or you can't be bothered getting together the puller gear, I would buy a new pin and spacers and cut through the old one with the oxy. Then punch the bottom part of the pin into the cavity and leave it there.

  6. #6Cmark2016-09-10 19:26

    Try here for a parts breakdown; http://www.komatsupartsbook.com/#?k=!0!2!1064!115!116

  7. #7asleiman2016-09-10 19:51

    you a hollow pull cylinder 60 ton and weld a big shaft on the pin to pull it and a lot of heat