Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu d21a

Rob ryan · 2022-12-23 21:17

When I first start my dozer and put it in forward it works as it should for a couple of minutes then looses forward tracking power but it still tracks fine in reverse.

Replies7
  1. #1John C.2022-12-25 16:29

    I believe those are direct drive with a power shift transmission. If so you will need to plumb a gauge into transmission pressure and observe as you shift the transmission into and out of gear.

  2. #2Rob ryan2022-12-25 16:43

    I've been told it wouldn't be a pressure issue as it still works fine in reverse, I haven't quite got my head around how it all works. What could cause it to loose pressure in forward and not reverse?

  3. #3John C.2022-12-25 17:54

    It takes pressure to set a clutch pack. It sounds like the forward clutch pack is not engaging. Checking main pressure will confirm that.

  4. #4Rob ryan2022-12-25 17:58

    Thanks I'll rig up a pressure gauge and see what it dose

  5. #5tool_king2022-12-25 18:35

    I think I have the service manual on . Rob what’s your email ?

  6. #6kirby ward2024-09-18 19:39

    [email protected] I could really use the manual

  7. #7tool_king2024-09-18 20:04

    Manual emailed .