Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D31A-17 info

OL2STROKER ยท 2017-09-06 01:34

Snagged a D31A-17 from an auction site unseen. Brought it home today, seems to steer each direction nicely, starts and runs mint, 6 way blade seems to work well. From what I can see undercarriage doesn't look terrible. Had a loose track on pass side due to a grease fitting not taking grease which I fixed tonight and hope to reinstall tomorrow. I guess what I'm looking for is anyone that may have experience operating one. Any does and don'ts? Are there electronic service, parts, or owners manuals anywhere for download? I'll take some better pics tomorrow I promise. lol

Replies1
  1. #1OL2STROKER2017-09-06 12:09

    Fixed my track adjuster grease valve and tightened the track. Did a little stump pushing to see how the machine felt and seems ok, on too big of a stump it will spin the track and not bog down or slip so that's good. Anything else I should be looking out for? Does anyone have an operators manual and service manual for this machine? I would like to service it before I start really using it.