Where is the transmission strainer at on this machine? Also, where would the drain plug be located for the left clutch oil?
If i remember correctly there is only 1 plug under rear of main frame and both sides share this drain plug. There is an oil galley that goes infront of bevel gear case that transfers the oil. The trans strainer is self explanitory. The pic is hard to see but surely u can find it with this. Hope this helps!
Thanks. I got it on dry ground and the plug is right there, easy to find. I checked the fluid and it's fine, I assume it takes 30w oil and should be filled up to the fill plug, right? The issue is there are 3 dipsticks underneath the seat, the one on the left is showing milky fluid on it. I want to change the fluid in that, where is the drain plug for it, and what does it go to? Also, what type of fluid? I'm mechanically inlined, but do not have much knowledge of dozers, willing to learn.
I have exactly the same problem. Cannot find owners manual to look it up, so dependant on you guys. When you sit on the machine, facing forward the dipstick on the left, below the seat shows a milky fluid. Would like to know where to drain it please.
What machine do you have Bie?
It is a Komatsu D31 E-18
From sitting in the seat the far left is the steering clutch case, the middle is the transmission, and the far right is the bevel gear.. Good luck with it and have a great one.
Thanks, but the case to the left, the steering clutch case, where is the drain plug to drain the oil from that?
there are three drain plug underneath the machine. The left plug is left side steering cluches and the right side is right side steering clutches. Drain both and then fill in the hole where you check the oil level. Add your 30weight engine oil..
Does this oil go through an oil cooler of sorts or where does the water come from that contaminates the oil? Have seen quite a few people remarking on water in steering clutch oil, but at a loss of where the water comes from.
Bump. Anyone know on the water?