I have a 1996 31P-20 the engine to me has never reved high enough or at max rpm to me. I checked my linkage yesterday and noticed it's not going from stop to stop on the injection pump. I pulled the linkage of the injection pump so I could manually move it. It would go all the way to wide open but a little way before maxing out it had like a spring type resistance to it. Is that normal or should it stop before reaching the spring felt resistance. I didnt actually rev it while it was running just trying to see if it would move from stop to stop manually. Also on my throttle control lever Theirs a lot of movement or play. I can move the lever a ways before it activates the tele flex cable, I didt see anyway to adjust it or is this normal. Thanks
Southernman13, have a D37E-5 and there is much play in the throttle lever. I have not taken time to check out why yet. My thoughts were it might be setup with play just in case it had a decel pedal, which I think was optional. When I do check the play in the throttle I will let you know what I find. In your other thread about cleaning the fuel system, did you ever get that worked out?
Yes fuel system is good. I drained it and pressure washed it out the wet vacd it out. It seems to be really clean now. My machine has a decell pedal on it. Not sure if anything is wrong with my throttle. I adjusted the cable and got a little more out of it, but it's not hitting the stop on the high side. I took it loose from the lever on the injection pump and physically moved the lever on the pump. It would gomall,the way but it was hard and springy feeling. Not sure if that's correct or not. The 1/4 inch of throw had a lot of resistance before dead heading. I guess my throttle lever is working correctly just not sure about on the injection pumpmend now. Either way it revs up enough to get the job done i reckon.