Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D37 trouble

Markiebud ยท 2016-06-30 11:39

I have a 2004 Komatsu D37 with 2200hrs, the dozer was working fine took a break for lunch and when I came back it will start but will not move? All hydraulics work but zero movement? Any idea on what this could be I had a cat mechanic look at it but he couldn't diagnose it. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Dickjr.2016-06-30 12:24

    Is it a -21 or a 21A. Does the dash have needle type gauges or is it an led with the Komatsu monitor system. If its a -21 it uses a ppv valve and it may not be engaging when you raise up the lever on the drive side.

  2. #2Markiebud2016-06-30 12:31

    It has digital gauges so I guess it's A? It's is a D37 PX

  3. #3Markiebud2016-06-30 12:35

    I guess I can bypass each valve to see if that is it? I was advised there are three safety switches, 2 for brake levers and one seat switch?

  4. #4Dickjr.2016-06-30 12:51

    Does it have the Komatsu monitor system? If it does you can toggle thru and find a code. Most likely a safety switch. I don't think it has a seat switch. Check the lever to make sure its closing the switch under the panel.

  5. #5Markiebud2016-06-30 15:48

    Ok I went to where the dozer is I turn the key on it says system check all ok starts fine no funny noises. I then pull the handle up and the park indicator goes to neutral but it will not move in forward or reverse. The reverse beep comes on but nothing. The indicator on the dash says forward and reverse but no movement.

  6. #6Dickjr.2016-06-30 19:38

    Check your pm. Is this machine a komstat II?

  7. #7Markiebud2016-06-30 22:44

    What is komstat II?? I am sorry I am new to this dozer stuff but I did see your mssg