Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu d39 won’t down shift

eric12 ยท 2016-07-06 17:46

I have a komatsu D39 with 3 gears run by an up and down button on the left lever. It shifts up no problem but won't down shift, with it being around 10 years old i figured the buttons were worn out or corroded so I bought a new one and replaced it with no luck. I haven't really gotten a chance to get into it but i figured id see if anyone had a thought or similar experience with this issue. any hints would be great thanks.

Replies1
  1. #1DK882016-07-06 19:48

    if you lift up the boot on the bottom on the directional lever you will see the harness have a close look around the cork screw looking thing and also have a look at the harness and move the lever, some times the harness can catch the block and tear the harness.