Hello! My Dad and I recently purchased a 1999 Komatsu D39E-1 to use on the farm. 2 y/o UC and pretty good shape for it’s age. The only discernible issue is the Powershift 3rd gear. It pushes strong in 1 and 2 with no issue, but traveling in 3rd is slow/weak. My question is what might cause this? Previous owner recently changed the transmission filter under the operators platform. Though, he never replaced the transmission scavenge in line filter for the transmission. Could that filter be the culprit or is there a problem with the transmission? Also, any great links to online parts lookup for Komatsu? Thanks!
https://en.av-gk.ru/catalog/komatsu/d39ep1/ couldn't quite find your exact model , there is a search tab on the page
I think those are a direct drive power shift and don't have a tourqe converter.
Reason that they are not listed in Komatsu parts could be because the machine is a TD9H https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/construction-equipment/for-sale/200256975/1998-dresser-td9h Thread on here about them
Great, thank you! Before we bought it, I realized it also shared parts with the Dressta TD10M as well. Though with the QSB4.5 motor. Glad to know there’s another older model Dresser as well that’s pretty much the same. Should hopefully be able to find what I need. Looking for the ripper teeth too. Appreciate the help.