We have a ranch Komatsu Dozer and after some light work shut the machine down and a week later machine would not start. I checked the batteries (100% dead) and put them on charge for several hours and they were junked, would not take a charge at all. My question is there something with the machine that would explain killing the batteries? I bought replacement batteries but am hesitant to put them in the machine in case there is something that other than the batteries just dying at the same time. I inspected the batteries and both looked fine on the outside and had no signs of damage but it seems strange that both batteries would just go out at the same time when they were ok the week before. Thanks in advance Jerry
One bad battery can affect the other, get yourself a Cat ground disconnect switch and install on the final ground cable then you can completely disconnect the system when not in use. You may also have other issues, wiring etc. If it's 24 volt all the more reason to install a switch, machines have been known to burn up while unattended from shorts in wiring