Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu d51

fireman050 · 2007-08-19 09:59

has anyone operated the new d51 and how do you like it

Replies4
  1. #1Hjolli2007-08-19 11:05

    Just tried one this week. Seems to be incredibly powerful and stable for it´´s size and the forward visibility is really spectecular as the hood virtually disappears. A pleasant surprise. The hydrostatic trans seems to work well too. But I still find the wrist control for blade angling a bit heavy, Caterpillar has a servo on this control now on the D6´s.

  2. #2CM19952007-08-19 12:18

    I haven't demo'd one yet - this should be of interest. I just read it Friday when I recieved my current issue of CE. http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6466792.html]

  3. #3Dozer5752007-08-19 21:08

    Now that is what I'm talking about. That hood could stick up the the roof level. The hood is not a problem never has been. Very good blade visibility.

  4. #4CascadeScaper2007-08-20 00:39

    The D51 is looking to be an excellent finish machine. If you guys haven't checked out the walk-through on Komatsu's site I recommend it, pretty cool.