We are trying to rig up some hyd. remotes out the back of our d61. I am going to try pulling one of my reynolds scrapers behind it. One of the things I need to find is a power beyond point to supply power to a double spool valve in the cab. I had one company reply and said they need to know if it has an open or closed hyd. system. This is my first Komatsu dozer so I am basically runnin blind. If anyone can answer these two questions it would be helpful. Also, I am not too proud to take suggestions on a better way.
The 61PX-12 uses hydrostatic steering so it will have a closed center load sensing system. This means there will be very little flow until a control is activated. When the system detects the open circuit it upstrokes the pump.
A word of WARNING, the 61 is rated a "Concept" tractor, this might mean not up to a Load of Hammer, the Final Drives are very weak, I would recomend the Removal of Both F/Drives at 4000 hrs to check their condition, the complete Case comes away from the Main Chassis, and is stripped down from the inner side, lots of Shims plus lots of Trouble, to replace both Gear-sets allow about £24'000 U.K. this is a formation/landscape Tractor in the U.K. and not well liked, with lots of tears attached. Sorry to post Warnings, but thats how it is. tctractors
the D65px-12 does not have hydrastatic steering....there are no motore attached to the finals......i sorry but it is important to get the facts corect.........thank you...
Mr Komatsu, in the U.K. we have had some Issues with these Tractors, they often get used on work that is not the best Suited to this Weight Machine, plus the standard of Service/Maintenance is a bit on the Floor, through a General Lack of Coin's??, but the Weak spot on these Baby's is the F/Drive setup, I do have the Pic,s to prove it, sadly the costings to replace these gear trains is to high once the gears are smashed,thats why I think it would be a Good move to Strip and Check, before things get to a point beond Redemption. tctractors ps, the tractor I was talking about is the D61
true the power modules are were expensive to repair......$60.000.00 plus for R/R....but proper maintance has prolonged the life.....D61PX-12 have the same power mods as the D65px-12.....control valves are different though....
The -15 does, do you know when it changed?
again the D65px/ex/eo"s -15 do not have motors attached to the finals...they are basiclly the same as the -12....ecept with electric shift...no hydrostatic......
According to Komatsu America on the D61PX-15: "Hydrostatic Steering System (HSS) is powered by steering planetary units and an independent hydraulic pump and motor" and the hydraulic system is: "Closed-center Load Sensing System (CLSS) designed for precise and responsive control and for efficient simultaneous operation." http://www.komatsuamerica.com/?p=equipment&f1=view&prdt_id=927#info At first I though maybe you were talking about the 65 instead of the 61 but I check for that too and both claim the same hydraulic and steering system on the -15 series. Not sure what changed from the -12 to the -15 however.
the only change from the -12 to the -15 i know of is that the -15 has got load sensing hydraulic they both have the hydrostatic steering which is integrated inside the transmission therefore there is no extra motors attached to the final drives the hydrostatic steering works like an hydralic brakedisc (a very short version):drinkup