I can't find a D5 or D6 to rent so I arranged to rent a 2005 D65 from an individual for a job we start next week. Called the Komatsu dealer to the North(no teeth) called the dealer to the South(no teeth) called Cutting Edge Supply (none available til sometime in Nov) I did find 2 in Sparks Nv. It must be better in other parts of the US but in this area I feel sorry for anyone who owns one.
I have had calls recently on ripper teeth for a D65 and none have been available for about a month. I have called all of my sources and finally gave up. The tooth # I was looking for was 141-78-11253. If this is the same tooth and you come across some let me know. Thanks, QuickTrax
QuickTrax - good morning , if you are still looking for this tooth send me a PM and i can get you some info on it. I know of some available in Bermingham, Al. and also may have some in Dallas, tx.
This is a good example of why my key equipment is all Cat, get most anything overnight. The experience has reinforced my thinking for sure, ridiculous in my opinion, how are you going to make money with a machine you can't get parts for??
DPete, Even Cat has problems with availability. I had a call from my dealer for a track adjuster spring a while back. They told me the OEM was a month out. Just saying...
Swamp rat, I appreciate the help but my customer has some on backorder from Komatsu.
Yes it happens, I had to get a D8K engine oil pump from out of the country(only one available at the time), never had trouble with simple items like ripper points though.
I completely agree with you on Cat parts availability. It seems like they have the best availability on parts. We rarely have to wait on anything more than a day or two.
I often find that the dealer is the last person people call when looking for things like teeth, because no one ever buys them dealers never stock them (this is how businesses work, there's no point stocking what doesn't sell you'd go broke) and suddenly people scream blue murder because the dealer doesn't stock a part that no one would buy from them in a million years unless it was there only option. Well that's how it works locally here anyway, it's very rare for anyone to buy teeth and the like from the dealer.
Toyboy3b; My Cat dealer has all the cutting edges i need From, Graders, Skid Steer to D8's/D6's and 336D Excavators all over the counter and at a good price. Cat Paint from our dealer is a very good price and always the same colour, But our dealer Princiable did his apprenticship as a machinic at the dealership before he brought it, But yes alot of other parts at the dealerships are hefty on the price. Cheers Leroy
Hello. I have a solution for you folks looking for ripper tooth part number 141-78-11253. Use part number 141-78-11254. Most or all Komatsu dealerships are also Hensley tooth/edge dealers as well, simply because Komatsu owns Hensley. Hensley has the 141-78-11254 tooth in stock, in Texas; they have qty45 right now. Before you go running off about how bad KOMATSU is, keep in mind that a parts counter person who just doesn't know or think to look in the Hensley book could have easily overlooked this option. Here is a link to Hensley's website that will give you plenty of options on almost all of your GET needs: http://www.hensley-komatsu.com/parts_book/
...And furthermore, Hensley has qty129 of the T141-78-11254, which is a pointed ripper tooth, sometimes called a tiger tooth. There is also a short ripper tooth that will fit. Here is a page from Komatsu's Gold Book that lists these part numbers: View attachment komatsu ripper points pg48.pdf
I checked out your links. This is some really good information on teeth and other wear products. I am always needing specs on teeth. I will definitely add this link to my favorites. The problem I continue to run into is walk in customers with a random worn out tooth in their hand with no bucket information. This will help in the identifying process. Thanks, QuickTrax
PC200LC-8, THANK YOU for taking the time to post some factual and accurate information. Most of the people who like to knock Komatsu are the people that never gave them a shot and remain loyal to CAT regardless. For every example of poor parts availability from Komatsu, there are just as many, if not more from Cat. Thats the fact. Tony
I have found that out just as you say Dpete with the 2- Komatsu excavators we have. It will be only Cat in the future for me too.
Haters gunna Hate! All mindless obedience to a brand will get you is left behind, while you worship at the church of cat your competitors are getting ahead.
Never happen because they are waiting on parts to come on the boat from Japan. It is a nice dozer though.
Call Kirby smith in Tulsa they keep a great supply of teeth 918-438-1700 Also try heavy equipment in little rock 501-455-3817 if the teeth are out there they will find them good luck to you