Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu d65 steering problem

john s · 2015-11-19 21:17

Hi I have a komatsu d65e that has foamy oil and requires a lot of bleeding to get the steering working. I chnaged the oil and checked the suction lines but I cannot find any leaks. Is it possible that the pump itself is taking in air? If I can get it bled it will steer for a while and then I need to bleed it again, so it is getting a lot of air. Is the foaming of the oil due to water contamination ? If so, from where ? thanks in advance. john

Replies5
  1. #1Twisted2015-11-20 09:06

    Check your intake strainer as well.

  2. #2john s2015-11-20 12:51

    I checked and cleaned it, no luck.

  3. #3Twisted2015-11-21 09:40

    What series is it? d65-?

  4. #4tctractors2015-11-21 13:45

    The D65E would most probably be a series 7 or 8, if all the hose clips are good with a clean suction screen and a good seal ring in the lid + oil in the back case, the pump loosing prime or struggling to prime is the result of a knackered oil pump, they are easy to change and can be found Non O.E. for around £ 550 U.K. to check the pump its as easy to strip it and visually inspect the internals, the shaft bushings will probably show heavy wear as well as the usual areas. tctractors

  5. #5john s2015-11-21 16:36

    would it explain all the air ion the lines? I am thinking that my problem is that the oil is contaminated again and is foamy....would the air come out of the foam and cause the need to bleed it out? Where would the water come into the system. i am looking at my parts book but the lines in the diagrams dont match my machine.