Hi, what is the purpose of the float tank? It is leaking on my dozer and looks very hard to remove Is it possible to bypass this tank and supply fuel directly from the fuel tank? Return fuel to filter housing or tank?
It would not be a water separator would it, the diesel floats on the water? Just that Komatsu being Japanese got a bad Japanese to English interpretation for the name and that is an older machine from the 60's-70's.
I stand corrected, it appears to have a breather coming out of it. It steams when the engine is running, and occasionally leaks and I just witnessed it.
I cranked over the engine without the breather installed and it sprayed fuel out, under a good amount of pressure. Is this normal? I am wondering if it would be OK to route the breather hose back to the fuel tank, and put a vent on the fuel tank. Does anybody have a suggestion on what I can do to correct this issue? I am at a loss on why there is so much pressure on the float tank, forcing the fuel up. Maybe something is up with the fuel pump?
Sorry I should have done a bit more searching Looks like I need to Investigate the float in the float tank Komatsu D65e6 problem with the fuel spilling out of the float tank breather I have a 1978 Komatsu D65e-6 that when shut off or sometimes idling, the fuel spills out of the float tank breather. Is is possible that the float is sticking and what can be done to correct it? HeavyEquipmentForums
Without the float tank cylinders will fill up with fuel if you remove it you will have to turn fuel off every time you stop it
Thank you, we ordered a normally closed 24v valve and plumbed the breather back to the tank. The float tank is hard to access. Will vent the fuel tank
The float tank has to be used to stop the engine cylinders filling up with raw fuel when stopped, the Cummins is designed to suck it's own fuel and not have a tank pressure feeding it, so do away with the feeder tank at your peril.
Well I never thought that would be a thing on a diesel engine. What does a fuel float tank do? I have a Komatsu D75S-3 and am having problems getting fuel to the filter. Strainers clean at bottom of tank. I've had the float tank off and cleaned it. Not sure why I can't get fuel to filter? Machine has a Cummins 220. Can I get a new float tank from Cummins? It would be cheaper than Komatsu... HeavyEquipmentForums