Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 550 hole in hose to right drive clutch

Jeff A Wright · 2024-02-22 18:00

I have a hole in the right drive clutch hose. This is inside the case with the brake. I’m wondering if any one has seen this before. It appears something is rubbing on the hose but everything thing seems to be tight. The brake material has separated from the ban, but not sure if this would cause the problem. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. John Deere 550 Sr#238693t

Replies2
  1. #1Steve Austin2024-02-25 10:50

    Check that your brake drum is locked to shaft with set screw it may have broken. Drum should not slide back and forth with pry bar. The clutch oil manifold should have a stop screw to prevent drum from sliding over to contact hose also. If this checks out ok than brake band material may have caused this.

  2. #2Jeff A Wright2024-02-25 10:53

    Thanks, I’ll do some checking while I have it apart still.