Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D65EX-12 Engine needed

Dsjason10 ยท 2025-02-13 12:07

Cold weather snap got me good. Cracked my block on a S6D125e-2 engine and now the engine knocks and blows tons of gray smoke. Mechanic says new engine is all that will fix it. Can the existing engine be overhauled or do I need to look for new engine? Also, does anyone know where I could get a used on at? Located in Upstate South Carolina and this is a farm machine so cannot afford a new one. Machines UC in in great condition and it was a beast before so I'm on the fence about fixing it or selling it. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1Vetech632025-02-13 14:12

    Rebuilding engines costs a fortune now days...............let alone parts costs. I would see if you can find a good used pull-out engine, which may be the cheapest fix for you.

  2. #2Simon C2025-02-13 16:23

    I rebuilt one of these years ago, they will be expensive to fix, better off finding annother machine that one was in and change over whatever is needed to make it work. They used them in excavators and wheel loaders also . It will be a fun project no matter what. Simon C

  3. #3Mcrafty12025-02-13 16:39

    If it costs as much to rebuild your engine as it does a class 8 truck engine today you could purchase a dozer like this one and have a spare for parts less an engine 1999 KOMATSU D65EX-12 For Sale in St. George, South Carolina 1999 KOMATSU D65EX-12 For Sale in St. George, South Carolina at MachineryTrader.com. ROPS CANOPY, SEMI-U BLADE WITH TILT, DRAWBAR, UNDERCARRIAGE AT 50%, CLEAN AND RUNS GOOD www.machinerytrader.com Just sayin'