Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu d65p-6 dozer steering problem

jamescal11 ยท 2018-10-18 09:16

I have been working on this dozer that will not turn right or left. So far I have changed the steering pump,oil,filters,cleaned lines and cooler. Had the bevel gear section and clutch packs checked and resealed. Brakes relined. Also swapped out the control valve. The main pressure at the control valve is at 200 psi. When clutch handle is pulled it has 60 psi going to the clutch for that side. Any help on this would be great.

Replies5
  1. #1Dave Neubert2018-10-18 15:16

    I don't think 60 is enough sounds like you have a leak on the clutch pistons not sure if 200 is enough sounds a little low to me

  2. #2DMiller2018-10-18 16:19

    Should be full pressure or is leaking away., Could be lifted relief or a pressure control adjustment is way off.

  3. #3jamescal112018-10-20 07:36

    I had the clutch pistons resealed because I had thought it may have been the reason for the pressure drop from 200 to 60. No change, this one has really got me stumped.

  4. #4jamescal112018-10-20 07:41

    Also if my metric conversion is correct it should be making about 350 psi. Thank you for your input.

  5. #5jamescal112018-10-20 07:49

    I was thinking that there might be a pressure relief/control problem, that part of the control valve had a bit of scaring on it so I replaced the whole control valve. Still no change. I am thinking that if I have 200 psi into the valve when the valve is activated to the clutch it shouldn't loose that much of the pressure. Thank you for your help.