Hi Im working on a d65px dozer that stalls on start up , anyone know a good place to get a manual I found one on k-part.com are these good manuals? Dozer seems to start fine but stalls a few seconds after engine fires up , fuel filters have been replaced, electric lift pump is running. I know for a fact the fuel system has been neglected severely in the past. There are two active codes ca428 water separator and one for machine level sensor. Is there any way to watch the fuel rail pressure in the dash ? Thanks .
Does it start ,stall,start again then keep on running? If so try pulling filter off before you start machine to see if filter is filled to the TOP. Had a truck that would pick up a little air during the day but not enough to stall it out because air bubbles were mixed in fuel. When I shut it off at night air would come to top causing low fuel in filter . It would start in the morning with fuel left in the injector pump then stall because of air in filter.
Starts rite up and stalls rite away as if the key/ fuel was shut off . And will repeat exact same thing over again but will not take off and run. Very strange problem . Runs for about 5 seconds.
Had this happen to a friends pickup truck ,key switch was bad. Have someone check power to file shut off solenoid while trying to start.
This one has an electronic engine with ecm , dash stays lit up so I assume key switch is good , would need to find a schematic to check ecm on off power wire for proper operation .
See if loseing power to fuel shut off solenoid.
What is the serial #. I have a manual for serial #'s 67001 and up. That being said, I glanced thru the error codes and did not see a ca428 code. One thing I can tell you is that I have dealt with the pitch angle sensor (level sensor) in the past and has dealt me fits.
Went back to the dozer today fired rite up , now code for low rail pressure comming on at idle.
Hi. I downloaded a workshop manual off Tradebit. Cost $12 thereabouts & is a genuine article. The fault sounds interesting. I have a d65 15eo & sometimes the engine on startup drops down & speeds up numerous times but has never stalled. Best of luck with the fault
Does it have "E " Stops on it, emergency stop buttons sounds like what they do when they have been used and not reset or gone faulty.