Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D66S1

Dan Ott · 2025-11-02 05:45

I have a D66S1 it has the same problem as most from what I can gather my question is why can’t I go from the foot controls to the forward and reverse switches to the flow valve servos and wire them without all the rest of the system and have that work I will have to do the same on the braking side and then it won’t matter that the computer will not be working at all so I will have to keep track of oil levels and temps my self anyone know if this will work or is it possible

Replies5
  1. #1Dan Ott2025-11-02 05:51

    Or if anyone has info for fixing it that would be greatly appreciated I have a shop manual and a parts manual but it appears I need least a service and or repair manual as well only reason I have not given up on this machine is it runs incredibly well after setting for 8 yrs at my place soon as I turned it or for a second maybe two tops it was running so the motor is in good shape

  2. #2Jonathan7112025-11-02 08:33

    Hey Dan, You can try looking or asking for a manual here Komatsu downloads

  3. #3Dan Ott2025-11-02 10:12

    Does anyone have a repair manual for a Komatsu D66S1 track loader serial number 01078

  4. #4Welder Dave2025-11-03 21:15

    Are you sure about the serial number? I have some serial numbers but the D66S shows they started at 1310. I don't know if they had some pre-production units though. There weren't a lot of them made and they were known for issues.

  5. #5Tinkerer2025-11-03 23:16

    pm me your email address and you can download it from my Google Drive.