My D85E8 dozer moves foward and backwards, but will not steer left or right. After 15 minutes of operation it would stop turning. Let it set for 20 minutes and it would work again for 5 maybe 10 minutes. The control levers are connected and the levers on the valve body are moving. The oil filter paper element had completely disintegrated to the steering controls. After replacing the oil filter the dozer will not turn in either direction, but it will move foward and backwards. I am thinking the debris may have clogged the passages in the valve body. I need an expert opinion on how to proceed. Thanks
hey big benn, im having trouble with my d85 having the same issues just wondering what you found that the problem was with yours? cheers jason.
I don’t think Big Ben has been around for a long time. If this is the proper valve, it doesn’t look too bad to disassemble and clean. Not to mention a new one looks to be less than 400. Judging by what you mentioned, I’m sure some debris is plugging things up. May have to pull some lines off and check them out too. I believe the part number I found was 154-40-00082
Hey big benn, I agree with ace, had the same problem with one of the car d9r steering left and right is completely off but moving back and forth normally, turned out to be a debris in the brakes/valves/joints just cleaned the whole thing, and worked like a new beast