Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D85e-12 after market parts

Randy88 ยท 2013-06-28 21:11

My local Komatsu dealer is telling me they no longer make the rebuild kits or parts to rebuild the torque and transmission on my D85E-12 dozer, I"m needing to do both, seals bearings, gaskets and clutch disks any idea where I can get the parts from aftermarket. I haven't taken apart anything yet, but was wanting to know what everything would cost before I did, now I can't find anyone who has them or can seem to get them, does anyone have suggestions on where to find parts from? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Replies4
  1. #1Randy882013-07-02 21:50

    Anybody even have a suggestion as to where to look or who to try calling

  2. #2willie592013-07-02 22:05

    I don't know of a "kit" supplier myself, and it's not uncommon for Kommie dealers to only sell individual pieces to rebuild something that should come in kit form, they make a lot of money selling those individual pieces. Make a list of the part numbers you need, get a quote from your Komatsu dealer. Then go to Machinery Trader and do a parts search for those numbers. You'd be surprised sometimes of the deals you get doing this. It takes a bit of time to source parts like this, but it can be worth it. I needed floating seals for a Kommie CD60R-1 crawler dump, Komatsu wanted $284. I found them from Regal, via Machinery Trader search, right here in my hometown for 25 bucks.

  3. #3Randy882013-07-03 22:04

    Will this work even if dealers are telling me they no longer have those parts available to them? I figured someone had them as an aftermarket somewhere, would the part numbers be the same for oem and aftermarket parts?

  4. #4jughead2013-07-07 06:11

    after market parts try Finney Equipment they saved me almost 200 bucks on track tensioner seals for my D75-3 over dealer