Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu Dozers in England

Nick Drew ยท 2007-05-15 16:12

Just thought I would post some Dozer shots from a job I was working on last year.

Replies20
  1. #1biggixxerjim2007-05-15 16:20

    As usual, the Komatsu is down for repairs :stirthepot

  2. #2MKTEF2007-05-15 17:03

    Well, we got a brand new D65 in 2005. It went 750 hours in 6 months without any problems. We had to mount a snorkel, to keep the dust out of the air filter. Doesn't show on this picture, but we shawed off the top soil and it turned into dust. Filter was full after 4-6 hours.(this is from the upfilling with gravel) The snorkel functioned well, got the filter out of the worst dust.

  3. #3posthoorn2007-05-16 13:39

    D65 very interesting and good machines, the d65 machines

  4. #4Countryboy2007-05-16 18:06

    Welcome to HEF posthoorn! :drinkup

  5. #5CM19952007-05-16 20:35

    ointlaugh :falldownlaugh :falldownlaugh

  6. #6Cat-Peter2007-05-23 14:48

    Hi Nice pics Nick!:beerchug

  7. #7Nick Drew2007-05-27 09:09

    Have "Dug" out some more dozer pics......I better get some Cat ones on here also just to please the Cat Fans!!! I will pop some in a new thread:notworthy

  8. #8Nick Drew2007-05-27 09:14

    Some D61's on another job recently

  9. #9rod2007-05-27 09:56

    Hi guys, looking to buy D8N, does anyone have any hints?

  10. #10mtb3452007-05-29 13:22

    hey rod smart move

  11. #11MKTEF2007-05-29 13:54

    By a new one Rod. Saves you a lot of trouble. And Nick, if my guy's had under-wear(carrige) looking like that i would have told them a word or two about wear and cost on those parts. We have mounted a holder for a narrow spade on top of the engine hood on our 65 and 85. It has an ap 20cm wide and 40cm long nose. Neat for that type of work. I'll post a picture tomorrow. Every operator by us has to cleen their undercarrige before leaving for the day. And sign for it on the driving order schedule. In the winter time this habit is a must to get it moving at all.

  12. #12DirtWorker2008-02-16 17:54

    In every picture the track are filthy! I think more than a word or two is necessary.

  13. #13Turbo218352008-02-16 22:24

    So a working dozer is never supposed to have any dirt on the track frames? :beatsme The only picture that suprises me is the one where the D65 is pushing #2 stone. We always dig out our tracks when we go from pushing dirt to pushing stone. Doesnt look to be a big deal tho, it looks like they are building a construction entrance.

  14. #14DirtWorker2008-02-18 20:32

    My reply is simply this, second and third pictures look like they are making an entrance out of rip-rap to clean dump truck tires before they haul down the road or to clean the rock truck tires before they haul off site. There could be many reasons on why they are rip-rapping the entrance way, but notice the dirt in the tracks was mud that is now dry. Now two simple problems that i can see with that, first being looks like the dirt has been there for a while and is increasing wear and tear. Second being a personal preference i always clean tracks before working with aggregate or stone, contamination not needed. The same thing goes for the forth and fifth picture note that the dirt in the tracks is a lighter colour than the dirt surrounding the dozer. Like previously said notice it looks like dried mud. A working dozer in normal material should have slightly dirty tracks but i had made my previous comment based on the fact that 4 of 6 pictures look like to me like dry mud that hasn't been shoveled out from earlier in the week or the week prier. But this rant was not necessary. With more than my two cents in i think we can leave this childish battle in the dust.

  15. #15pwrstroke6john2008-02-18 23:02

    What are those panels on the roof of the first dozer picture for?

  16. #16Steve Frazier2008-02-18 23:17

    Guys, let's play nice here. There's no reason for anyone to get their shorts in a bind over some dirty tracks.

  17. #17PETE3792008-02-18 23:44

    I remember my dad tought me when I was little, I think my first job was to clean the undercarriage on 931 or 953, always fun, especially after a day of clearing.

  18. #18landrvrnut222008-02-19 20:57

    Is it just me, or does that D65EX look much smaller than the US version? :beatsme I ran one for several months a D65EX with 3 shank ripper and semi-U blade. Excellent machine with no problems, and I really liked the cab. I actually like Komatsu dozers over Cats. Though the largest Cat I have run was a D6.

  19. #19d6peg2008-02-19 23:25

    We demoed a D65ex before we bought our D6r and I liked the cab but it shook so bad at times I would have to turn loose of the joysticks just to get it back under control. Is this normal or did we demo a brand new dozer (70hrs) with bad cab mounts? I talked to the service manager about a week later and he noticed it also. I did notice that the engine tried to overheat on several occasions, even after blowing out the radiator and reversing the fan.

  20. #20bjl142008-02-20 02:11

    ran a d65 a little this past summer, i liked it, but it loved to overheat. almost brand new and the thing was overheating all the time. real nice to operate, felt really stable and powerful, i'd say it gives the d6r a run for its money