Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD15E

rino1494 ยท 2007-05-15 19:06

I was wondering if anybody can give me some specs and info on a 1988 TD15E. What is the operating weight and hp of the tractor ???

Replies21
  1. #1Cat4202007-05-15 21:24

    165hp DT-466C. Couldn't find weight. TD15E production first started in 86.

  2. #2jd52102007-05-16 08:26

    td7g Speaking of Dressers anyone know what oil to use in the transmission? Ive been told a couple different things by the dealer. I have a td7g. Thanks John

  3. #3Countryboy2007-05-16 18:04

    Welcome to HEF jd5210! :drinkup

  4. #4jd52102007-05-17 13:44

    Thanks

  5. #5surfer-joe2007-05-17 14:15

    International used to spec an oil called Hy-Trans. It was pretty good stuff if a little expensive. Was an excellent dispersant of water. No longer available now though one could check with a Case dealer to see if they might have a similar product. That said, you could probably use a Shell product called DONAX TC. It's designed for transmission and hydraulic systems in several viscosities. It meets Cat TO-2 & 4 specs, as well as Allison C-3 & 4. It's approved for Komatsu-Dresser equipment. Chevron and other lubricant producers have similar products available.

  6. #6jd52102007-05-17 14:22

    Thanks I ordered the manuals today. Talked to another dealer and they said a 10wt hyd. oil. The other dealer said a 10wt motor oil. The side panel on the dozer says EO which means engine oil but gives no weight. As Iam having problems with the trans. I want to flush it all out and hope for the best. I had operator running machine and a hose busted for the trans. He said it just happened, but it took 4+ gallons oil. Now when you try and push anything it just stops. Before it would either push or spinthe tracks. He replaced the filter but did not clean the suction screen. Hoping thats the problem.

  7. #7surfer-joe2007-05-17 15:04

    You are better off with the engine oil in the trans. The hydraulic oil would not be right for your machine as the tractor does not have a combined function system. You can flush with SAE 10, if you're working in a hot climate you might want to go with 30 later, even 15W40. It's possible that the trans pump gave it up. Checking the screen will tell you for sure, but cut the filter open too and see what's in it. You may just have a priming problem, but that's unlikely from what I remember of the setup. You may also have some junk in the shift valves or relief. Hope it isn't life threatening. Good luck!!

  8. #8jd52102007-05-17 15:54

    Thanks My operator said there was metel in the filter so who knows. I got a head ache...

  9. #9surfer-joe2007-05-17 16:44

    Well, there is metal, and then there is lot's of different metals, and fibers and o-rings and seal materials. Sounds like some pressure testing may be called for. Best bet is dealer technician, or former dealer tech out on his own, provided he has TD15 experience. Don't suppose you got any prior maintenance records with this machine when you got it? If it's a local rig, the dealer -- if they are still in business -- may still have some info available. Would give you some idea on previous PM and repairs. Dealer might have what they did, or may be able to call up what other dealers did if you provide serial #. Best regards.

  10. #10alco2007-05-17 19:17

    I would second the statement to get someone to do some pressure testing for you. I know just the guy, but he's a bit too far away from you to be cost effective. I hate to say it, but I really doubt the screen not being cleaned is the problem. I would still try it, and check the o-rings on the filter and screen canisters....tempramental they are! On the subject of oil, we always ran 30W in the summer and 10W in the winter. But for us, winter was in the minus 20s to 30s on average and sometimes colder. The owner was a real Dresser nut. He was a Dresser mechanic that moved into sales as he was starting the company on the side. We had quite the fleet I must say. Brian

  11. #11jd52102007-05-18 12:55

    td7g Well guys acouple of questions Serial number 441 0023 whats the 23. My book does not show it. Second doing some looking and the driveshaft turns all the time except when its in gear and idling it stops. I can pull pull both brakes and it will turn also. I know some pressure testing is in order just trying some troubleshooting in the mean time. Have not cleaned the suction filter yet. The oil level is ok. Besides being Hyd/trans type oil. Speaking of pressure, its around 100psi in 1st and 2nd but goes to 180+ in 3rd. Does this in forward or reverse. Thanks

  12. #12single2007-05-25 20:43

    Use 10wt Series 3 motor oil for everything on the dozer except the engine. Use of other oils can (and have on many occasions) ruin the friction disks in the tranny. The Series 3 is a non foaming additive. Any good oil supplier will know what it is.

  13. #13rino14942007-05-25 22:44

    Well, we just bought the machine that I was asking about. It seems to be a 40,000 lb machine.

  14. #14single2007-05-25 23:15

    Operating weight is approx. 42,500 lbs. HP 165 when they came out and was boosted to 175 HP a couple of years later. I can give you more specs when I get to the office Tues.

  15. #15Countryboy2007-05-27 19:34

    Welcome to HEF single! :drinkup

  16. #16Durt2012-01-25 11:15

    Td15E came with a DT466B engine and then was repowered with a 505 Cummins 8.3 .... never ever use anything but series 3 10 w oil in the transmission and hydraulics ..80/90 in the finals. This machine weighs just over 40,000 lb and also depends on open rops or enclosed cab and the type of attachments you have...

  17. #17Durt2012-01-25 15:58

    always series 3 10w in trans and hydraulic... 80/90 in finals ...and 15/40 in the engine for warm days and 10/30 for cold days ...15e has either a 466 or a 505 cummins

  18. #18Uncle Bill2012-03-11 22:39

    Dresser TD 15 E I have a simple question for someone in the group familiar with the Dresser TD 15E. Where is the battery located ? I'm a little surprised that it is not obvious, but I haven't found it yet. Any help would be appreciated. Uncle Bill

  19. #19mkj0222012-03-11 23:23

    check under the seat for the batterys

  20. #20Uncle Bill2012-03-12 10:21

    Thanks Thanks for the Info. Uncle Bill

  21. #21Bulldog Red2012-03-24 14:40

    Hy-Tran is available at any Case-IH or Case Contruction dealer.