i have just bought a 1999 pc 150 with 6500 hours on it, i believe i have an issue with the swing break. when i stop swinging for a about 30 sec or more e03 code pops up but when i swing again it goes off and dose not come up when im operating it. any help with this would be great.
Is this a Dash 5 or Dash 6 machine?
I'm not sure it did not come with the owners manual or any paper work about it. Can u tell from the s/n? Or were do I need too look to find out .
E03 is a generic code representing the level of warning, ie: the level 3 is a fault which requires immediate attention, you need to get into the machine monitor and access the actual fault code, gaining access into the monitor screen varies depending on what dash the machine is, as pointed out by JOHN C.
It's a dash 6
Looking here E03 relates to the swing brake holding system, so try this to get some more info... On the back of the monitor panel in the cab, there should be a button called the time switch, near the top. STEP 1 turn ignition key on, STEP 2 hold time switch down simultaniously with the L.H travel speed switch, on the front of monitor (the one with rabbit on it) for 2-3 seconds, that should put you into trouble data display mode. a service code will then be displayed for example E212 . to move to next code hold down time switch and R.H travel speed switch( one with turtle on it), to go back to previous code hold down time switch and L.H travel speed switch, to exit trouble data display mode, hold down time switch and L.H travel speed switch for 2-3 seconds. I am going of a PC400-450-6 process here, but it should have the same monitor panel/access let me know the codes David,
I did that and it said 101 on the left hand of the display and 35h on the right. I don't think it took me too the right thing.but If I turn the swing lock over ride switch up or 'on' the code goes away but if I turn both the swing lock over ride and the pump control over ride on e02 comes up? Last week I had the swing lock coil and valve replaced it had gotten so hot it melted. Will running it with the swing lock over ride on but not the pump control over ride on damage any thing?
101 just means that the battery went dead or low enough that the engine would not start in the past. Make sure your battery cables are clean and on tight. The prolux switches are the Komatsu terms for bypass switches. Put the switch in the position where the code goes out and stays out. The reason the swing brake has this switch is because in the past the timer for the function would go out and leave the swing brake on all the time. Throwing the switch just sends current to the solenoid to leave the brake released all the time. Using the swing parking brake when you get off the machine is good enough and you really don't need the automatic function anyway. I have had problems in recent years with old high hour Komatsu excavators and the grounding wires. One of the places that shows up the most is the swing parking brake. Many times I have just bypassed the automatic function it completely. Good Luck!
Do someone now how to go to service mode on komatsu wa320 - 3 wheel loader, I have e03 code on it... Regards, Milos
Could one of the moderators move this over to the wheel loader forum please
Good evening. I was looking for a thread that comes close to what I just found on my new (to me) 1995 Komatsu PC 200 LC-6, and this seems to be it. I'm new here and I hope it is ok to ask a question on an existing thread? The excavator has a harvester head attachment, for reference, but I don't think it has anything to do with the EO3 code it gave me today. I was working on a small stand of trees, and my harvester chain fell off. I jumped out to fix it, jumped back in and it was working fine for another swing, and when I wanted to swing back, it was locked. Just like the swing lock was on. I tried it a couple times, and the engine labored as if it wanted to move, but it couldn't. I walked the machine to a spot where I could work on it, and tried swinging again, but nothing. I then turned it off, waited a few seconds for the computer to shut down, and fired back up. Now the swing worked. I did not make a full rotation or anything, as I had to deal with something else anyway, so I turned the machine back off and went about my business. I returned a couple hours later to continue working, and the swing is locked again. Same code. So I came home to research what could be wrong, and one Komatsu site told me that the EO3 code relates to the rotary parking brake system, which makes sense. However, tomorrow I will follow Mr. John C's advice and get the correct code with the button at the back of the display. I did not get a manual with the Komatsu, so I rely on online instructions and advice. Judging by some of the other electrical 'modifications' on the machine I've found so far, a ground wire issue could very well be in the picture. Just need to know where to look. Any help is much appreciated as the machine is not useable as is. Thank you in advance. Cheers, Dan