i am new here.. can anyone tell me the difference between a komatsu 6d95 and a komatsu 6d102... when i buy parts for my machine sometimes the parts show for a 6d95 and other times the parts show for a 6d102... thanks for any help
There may be some limited interchange. The 6D95 is a true komatsu engine, the 102 I believe is a Komatsu built Cummins 6BT 5.9.
thank you for your reply.. i didn't know and when i asked the Komatsu parts guy.. he couldn't tell me either... he just told me that it was a difference was in the valve cover..lol
I've worked parts counters at Deere and CAT dealers... it's the mushroom plan, they keep you in the dark about almost everything!
The true Komatsu engine has a single piece valve cover. The Cummins/Komatsu clone has six individual valve covers. The other indicator is that the Cummins clone is usually leaking oil down the sides of the engine.
Huh... I've never had any issues with valve cover oil leaks on the cummins 4BT/6BT, but then I've only been around a handful.....
mine has a small oil link...lol.. but i can,t see where it is coming from.. it somewhere under the water pump.. i will have to pull the fan guard off so i see what gasket or seal is leaking..
Yep, front cover seeps seem fairly common...